Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

anybody used the centurion code for rita carlton and paid with a platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anybody used the centurion code for rita carlton and paid with a platinum

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 12:55 am
Original Poster

anybody used the centurion code for ritz carlton and paid with a platinum

I booked a room through PTS at the Ritz Las vegas under the FHR program. Then i went online and i saw that the centurion deal was better and i just switched the code.
Not sure if the hotel will really will give me a hard time when cheking in. Anybody have done it??

Last edited by cruisetrek; May 24, 2006 at 1:14 pm Reason: typo
Old May 24, 2006, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You are not meant to book EITHER online. RC is perfectly in its rights to reject your booking when it sees it was not made through Platinum Travel Service.
Old May 24, 2006, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
The OP said the first booking was made properly through Amex.

The questions are (1) can the hotel actually see how the reservation was made (2) will they know the rules and (3) will they care?
Old May 24, 2006, 6:57 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by gleff
The questions are (1) can the hotel actually see how the reservation was made (2) will they know the rules and (3) will they care?
You may stumble upon trouble at check-out because most RCs do not credit you the $50 Centurion credit (or the free breakfasts, etc.) without reminding them about it at check-out. At the point where you ask for the proper credits the staff usually dig into the reservation a bit to make sure everything is in order. When they start digging into your res they may notice the source of the reservation.

But what's the worst that can happen? I don't really know. On the face of it they just strip out the benes and allow you to keep the rate you booked. But who knows what they type in the computer about you. Like the doctor's notes from that Seinfeld episode, I've noticed what goes in your record matters and it follows you on future stays...positively or negatively!
Old May 28, 2006, 3:04 pm

Programs: SPG: Plat; Amex: Plat.; Star Alliance: Gold, One World: Gold
Did you do the first booking on-line or on phone?
Old May 28, 2006, 3:28 pm

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by cruisetrek
I booked a room through PTS at the Ritz Las vegas under the FHR program. Then i went online and i saw that the centurion deal was better and i just switched the code.
Not sure if the hotel will really will give me a hard time when cheking in. Anybody have done it??
In my experience, most RCs check and know the difference in benefits between the two
Old May 29, 2006, 5:02 am

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC
Can someone explain what the RC benefits are?

Thanks
Old May 29, 2006, 9:17 am

RC will know. it won't work.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
You should be able to book through the Centurion desk and then pay with another card when you check out?
Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:09 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
I've used the Centurion Hertz promo code. Discount is always lower than American Express Business rate + you get an extra 4 hours for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.