Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Up the Ante--$250 Statement Credit for 1st Use--No Annual Fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)

Click!

Sorry if its already been posted--I looked, I swear!
Old Mar 29, 2006, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Thanks!!
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:08 pm

Programs: SPG, HH Gold, Priority Pass, Chairman, Amex
Exclamation

I would also like to point out that it is also a 2.5% cash back for your annual purchases up to $100k (assuming you spend at least $20k) which is a good deal in itself!

Too bad also that this is specifically targeted at small businesses. I realize you could declare yourself a sole prop, but....
Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by willsabstract
I would also like to point out that it is also a 2.5% cash back for your annual purchases up to $100k (assuming you spend at least $20k) which is a good deal in itself!

Too bad also that this is specifically targeted at small businesses. I realize you could declare yourself a sole prop, but....

Yeah--they don't go out of their way to be clear on this point:

Earn 1% at OPEN Savings participants or 0.5% on all other purchases when your year–to-date spend is $0-$20,000
Earn 5% at OPEN Savings participants or 2.5% on all other purchases when your year-to-date spend is $20,000.01-$120,000
Earn 1% at OPEN Savings participants or 0.5% on all other purchases when your year-to-date spend is more than $120,000

Does this mean it is a tier system and the first 20K is at .5% until you get into the sweet spot between 20K and 120K--or does it mean that once you hit 20K you are retroactively rebated at 2.5% (I doubt it!)

We'll see if there's a better explanation in the T&C when the card comes.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards
wow. If a point is otherwise worth $0.01 then this is a great deal.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

A possible caveat ...

... The application says

Bonus of $250 applies to first purchase made between March 1 and June 30, 2006, and will appear as a statement credit on your Card Account. The maximum discount available is $250 per Card Account.

Does this mean they will credit you $4.00 if your first purchase is $4.00? May be worthy going out for an extravagant dinner with your significant other and blowing the whole $250 there just to make sure--unless you have a $250 expense coming up.

If anyone has any actual experience with this let us know.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Amex Plat; AA-United-KLM
I have this card and the cash back tier system is confusing. I have 3 different documents from AMEX saying 3 different things. The first purchase credit was $150 for my card last year.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by pushback
A possible caveat ...

... The application says

Bonus of $250 applies to first purchase made between March 1 and June 30, 2006, and will appear as a statement credit on your Card Account. The maximum discount available is $250 per Card Account.

Does this mean they will credit you $4.00 if your first purchase is $4.00? May be worthy going out for an extravagant dinner with your significant other and blowing the whole $250 there just to make sure--unless you have a $250 expense coming up.

If anyone has any actual experience with this let us know.
I was wondering the same thing.

Is this a $250 statement credit or simply a credit towards the first charge? The terms specify "a maximum discount of $250" and I'm not exactly certain what that means.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 9:51 am

Does this card have FHR benefits? Called AMEX and they said yes but im skeptical.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:04 pm

can anyone tell me how much do i need to be earing before i can apply for this credit card?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Amex Plat; AA-United-KLM
Originally Posted by chris02
can anyone tell me how much do i need to be earing before i can apply for this credit card?
This is a business card, so your business must be active but I don't think your business is required to show a particular amount of revenue in order to qualify. If revenue is low on the application then the CL will be lower, if revenue is higher on the application, they may require documentation. As far as your personal earnings, they ask also on the app, so that can offset low business income or vice versa.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The link in message #1 now leads to this error message...

"Our website is experiencing technical difficulties. Please refer to your letter for alternate ways to apply for an American Express® Business Card."

..could someone please mention the exact name of the card? The cash rebate schedule mentioned in message #4 does not match the published terms of the Platinum Business Cash Rebate Card

dennis
Old Apr 8, 2006, 8:49 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Got the card today

Just got the card today in the mail. Called CS and they confirmed that it included a $250 credit..too good to be true IMHO.. So i will use it today. I may convert it to a costco version as I think their rebate program is a bit better without the tier system. Thanks PUSHBACK!!
Old Apr 8, 2006, 3:14 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I called the CSR and she conifrme dit was too.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 4:15 pm
21A

Originally Posted by mia
..could someone please mention the exact name of the card?
Haven't yet received the card, but the app status page shows "THE PLATINUM BUSINESS PREMIUM CASH REBATE CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS". I guess the word Premium is what distinguishes it from the one you mentioned.

In any event, the offer does seem to be gone now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.