FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Up the Ante--$250 Statement Credit for 1st Use--No Annual Fee
Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:05 am
pushback

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by willsabstract
I would also like to point out that it is also a 2.5% cash back for your annual purchases up to $100k (assuming you spend at least $20k) which is a good deal in itself!

Too bad also that this is specifically targeted at small businesses. I realize you could declare yourself a sole prop, but....

Yeah--they don't go out of their way to be clear on this point:

Earn 1% at OPEN Savings participants or 0.5% on all other purchases when your year–to-date spend is $0-$20,000
Earn 5% at OPEN Savings participants or 2.5% on all other purchases when your year-to-date spend is $20,000.01-$120,000
Earn 1% at OPEN Savings participants or 0.5% on all other purchases when your year-to-date spend is more than $120,000

Does this mean it is a tier system and the first 20K is at .5% until you get into the sweet spot between 20K and 120K--or does it mean that once you hit 20K you are retroactively rebated at 2.5% (I doubt it!)

We'll see if there's a better explanation in the T&C when the card comes.