Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Travel Service -- getting better?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Centurion Travel Service -- getting better?

My experiences with Centurion Travel have varied from excellent to awful. For the price, I find awful hard to take.

AMEX is aware that all is not yet perfect at Centurion Travel. I was just assigned a new agent and so far, so good.

The purpose of this post is to encourage you to complain each time your service is less than 100%. Call the Centurion costomer service line. Ask for MR points or a credit to compensate you for your inconvenience.

It is not about the points or credit, but that helps get the message through that bad service is not to be tolerated.

AMEX told me that it was working to upgrade Centurion Travel and assured me that 2006 would be a better year that those past. Hope so as I just renewed.

Over all, I was very happy with Centurion in 2005. The status on Continental got me serveral ungrades on Northwest. I just got back from trips to and from Cancun on Delta. I was upgraded Atl-CUN on Delta metal on December 24 on a full flight. Wilma related cancellations had me returning to ATL via MEX on Aeromexico metal (Delta codeshare). I was upgraded MEX-ATL on December 31 on a mostly full flight.

The best benefit for me is the Starwood Platinum status. Starwood has been fabulous with upgrades and other accommodations as well as fine rooms and bedding. In fact, I like Starwood so much that most of my charges are on my $30 Starwood Amex Card. Even when staying on points I have received upgrades and amenities.

Anyhow, if burned by Centurion Travel, let Centurion know. There is still lots of room for improvement.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 4:01 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Sometimes they are positively scary. Looked into the Centurion rate using the AXC code at the Ritz Carlton is Bachelor Gultch. The rates came up, but said that it had to be booked through a Centurion travel agent. I left it on the screen and called. The rates were the same for a regular room, a deluxe room and an executive suite, apparently taking the confirmed upgrade into account.

The fellow I spoke with looked it up and said that I could have a regular room. I told h im he was wrong and that I should be getting the Executive Suite for the same price. He said he did not have that info and had to speak with a manager.

While he did this (it took him almost 10 minutes), I simply kept filling in the blanks. Long before he got back, I had made the reservation on-line and had even received the confirmation email! I had the courtesy to stay on the line to tell him this when he returned to the line.

Again, kind of scary.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 4:27 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, UA 1K, *wood Plat
I'd be interested to know if Centurion Travel is any better.

With the development of online tools (KVS, Expertflyer) and web booking directly with airlines or through Expedia or Travelocity, it is getting easier and easier for the the informed frequent traveler to compare the prices provided by Centurion Travel Service and the best deals. When I used my Centurion agent, I always felt like they "saw me coming" and never tried their best to get me the best price available. I ended up "off-shoring" my travel to agencies in low cost centers (Thailand, South Africa and Argentina) where I could get better travel deals and more agent time and attention for my commission despite the currency conversion fees ( )

I'd be happy to toss my extensive Black Card travel back to American Express if I could be guaranteed that the agent would get me the best deals. All I would like is to know that when I ask for the best fare or rate, that the CTS agent will do exactly that rather than send me the "if he qualifed for a Black Card, he won't mind paying this" fare or rate.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 7:11 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Kimo, are you saying you are buying airline tickets in Bangkok. Do you have a sample airfare?

Remember folks, CTS and PTS are call centre type enviroments staffed by people who are good at talking orders and following procedures. They are not hired because they are creative and think outside the box.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 7:17 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by ABG
Remember folks, CTS and PTS are call centre type enviroments staffed by people who are good at talking orders and following procedures. They are not hired because they are creative and think outside the box.
Sometimes it is possible to adjust their thinking - last time I learned that some of the difficulties were coming from the fact that my PTS agent tried to route me the most convient way - when I told him that it is okay to add additional airports along the route, then we got into the actual business. I guess so many people prefer the direct and almost direct flights that finding the perfect flight for me was impossible because there was no simple and easy solutions for me and I didn't specifically ask for more complex routing.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 10:26 am

I've had great luck with CTS. They booked me into the St. Regis in NYC for the lowest rate I could find anywhere and I was upgraded to a Madison Suite that was unbelievable (bedroom/separate living room/two baths and a butler). Previously I used them to book the Calistoga Ranch. The lowest rate I could find anywhere was 650 per night. I called CTS and they confirmed that rate but had a promotion where the 3rd night was free. I love CTS and use them for the special occasions. They always come through with flying colors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.