Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning points when buying a credit card gift card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-3 MM Marriott Lifetime Plat Hyatt Globalist
You can buy store/restaurant gift cards and charge them with no additional cost. My Diamond Mastercard gives me 5X points for drug stores and grocery stores so this is a great way to maximize extra points for stores you shop with already.

rob
Old Jan 2, 2006, 9:09 pm
Suspended

I was in a Sams Club the other with a friend who ended up paying with cash and a Check. I asked why didnt he use a CC and get some points , he said they dont take CCs here.

So I asked in that case since they take WalMart Gift Cards, Id go to my local WalMart and get a card and load it up , of cause Id use a miles earning card and that way one can shop at Sams Club and earn miles or Points.

He said Funny I never thought of that. i said In this Biz (Miles and Points) you MUST always think outside the Box!!
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:14 am

I did check on the prepaid Mastercards at my local grocery store. It's about 5% over face value, so you're paying 5c/mile.

On the other hand, store/resturant cards are sold at face value so it's a way to get grocery bonus points for non-grocery purchases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.