Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please list what you have "won" on mylifemycard.com?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2005, 2:23 pm
jab

Programs: EXP AA, PLT Marriott
I won the TrU coupon and finally got it in the mail. Only problem was that it was an Amazon coupon. I called AMEX CS and was told I would be getting a call back shortly. Today I got the call. The woman was very nice, she asked if I wanted to keep the amazon coupon or the TrU. I said I would like the TrU. So she asked for the code on the back of the amazon coupon. And low and behold - there wasn't one.

She said she would send me out the TrU and someone may be calling me back because of the lack of code on the Amazon coupon. I told her I would be glad to send it back to her. Let's see what happens.

JAB
Old Dec 29, 2005, 2:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, Delta, Starwood, Hawaiian Air, Priority Club
Still no news on my Treo. So I called AMEX again. Today the very nice CSR said that last week they turned over distribution to a "third party" and since that time, they are unable to track progress.

She also said that they'd been getting calls from folks saying they've yet to receive the AMEX-issued letter of redemption instructions. Her supervisor can't imagine why, but I should get it by the end of the week (fully a week and a half after promised, and I'm not holding my breath.)

She did give me the Smartphone Customer Service # which turns out to be just Palm. After going back and forth on hold with them for 19+ minutes I got disconnected. Called back and Palm doesn't know how to track the order. Since AMEX made the CC charge, they have no record of my CC number or order; can't find my name or email address. Only thing she could think of (after talking with a supervisor again) is to give me the Palm Discount department, "since you got your phone at such a deep discount price.) I called that number and the recording says...you guessed, they guy's on holiday until Jan. 2.

The strange thing is that no one at Palm has ever heard of the AMEX Holiday WishList promotion or the www.mylifemycard.com website. Whomever AMEX set this up with at Palm is working in a total vacuum.

I was prepared to wait a week for the redemption instructions, then maybe pay extra to get my Treo overnighted or at least delivered by the end of the year. But I'm not thrilled to hear that no one can even find or track the dang order!!!
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:20 pm

UPDATE!

Just received an overnighted letter (dated December 20, 2005) for something called:

Award HQ in Fenton, MO.

I'm not pleased as the instructions read as though my TREO will be locked to a provider. I'm pissed!!!! AMEX's website description absolutely gives the impression that this phone is unlocked!! If I wanted to extend my contract with my provider or even switch to a new one, I could have done that already and at an equal or lesser cost than even the $150. (At the time at least one 3rd-party was running a $69 special through Sprint!!) Besides which AMEX specifically stated that the value of this "prize" was $550. That's factory unlocked cost!!! I currently have no contract with my provider as I already own a very expensive factory unlocked phone, purchased just this year at $650+ so as to avoid ever having to go under contract again, or ever paying early termination fees.

Anybody got a name and number of who at AMEX I need to talk to about this illegal bait and switch???????

"Thank you for your recent purchase of the Palm Treo smartphone during the Holiday WishList promotion. Redemption will occur thourgh the Palm website. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery: (The following is mine, not theirs):

1. Visit www.palm.com/mywishlist

2. Enter your zip code and indicate whether you'd like to get a new calling plan or keep your existing plan--ignore the smartphone prices that appear on the following pages

3. If you keep your existing plan, simply click Buy It Here on the following page; if you opt to get a new plan, you will be walked through the plan selection process (don't forget to sign up for a data plan in order to take advantage of all the Treo functionality)

4. ...(superflous extra items ordering stuff)...

5. Enter the coupon code XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX in the requested field

6. Complete thre rest of the checkout process

7. If you selected a new calling plan, you will need to provide credit check info; this info is required to complete your order

8-9. Confirm your order, your Treo should arrive within the time specified onthe shipping methods page

10. Enjoy!

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Rutledge
VP. Marketing
Old Dec 30, 2005, 1:07 pm

Okay, I'm calmer now.

I decide to just try out the Palm order site page by page and then quit when I got to a page/requirement that I couldn't stomach and start raising holy heck!!!

So I followed the instructions and at first, sure enough it asked if I wanted to stick with my current provider/plan for $519-$659 or switch and pay "as low as $299".

I chose "stick" and as AMEX's letter advised "ignore the smartphone prices that appear..."

It then gave me a dropdown list to select my current provider: Sprint, Cingular, Roger Wireless (Canada), Verizon and Other. I chose "Other" as I'm with T-Mobile.

Fine print read: "Models with mobile service provided by Cingular, Sprint and Verizon are locked to work only with SIM cards and/or service plans from that specific mobile provider."

Next page warned that Treo's not compatible with Nextel, but it is with Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Rogers and "additional GSM/GPRS providers.

Once more I'm given the option to "stick" or "break camp"

Now i'm at the Shopping Cart which says I owe $599 so far. It ask if I have a promotion code? Boy Howdy!!!!

Now it asks for my name, rank, serial #, but no CC #. (I'm still calm.)

Next page gives me the option for overnight shipping!! Just think if AMEX had gotten the letter out when they were supposed to, I could have had this little sweatheart wrapped and under my Christmas tree! Alas!

As I'm in no hurry now I chose "standard" which will get it to me in 3-6 total days... sometime next week.

Finally, verify screen pops up, says I owe nothing, then email arrives with my Palm order # and promises to email me blow by blow "a la Amazon style".

I'll rest easier still when it gets here and I put in my SIM card. But it looks to be a GO in AMEX/Palm's round about way.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 6:06 pm
jab

Originally Posted by Hope4All
It then gave me a dropdown list to select my current provider: Sprint, Cingular, Roger Wireless (Canada), Verizon and Other. I chose "Other" as I'm with T-Mobile.

Fine print read: "Models with mobile service provided by Cingular, Sprint and Verizon are locked to work only with SIM cards and/or service plans from that specific mobile provider."

Next page warned that Treo's not compatible with Nextel, but it is with Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Rogers and "additional GSM/GPRS providers.
Couldn't you have ordered this with the Rogers or TMO to get the unlocked version?
Old Jan 4, 2006, 6:12 pm
jab

NM. English is not working for me.

Last edited by jab; Jan 4, 2006 at 6:21 pm
Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by jab
Couldn't you have ordered this with the Rogers or TMO to get the unlocked version?
I think that's the point. If you won the Treo 650 and want an unlocked phone (regardless of who you provider is) choose "Other" from the drop down list.

UPDATE: I received the Treo last Friday via UPS. It is totally unlocked. I inserted my TMO SIM and away I went! Sweet! No new contracts, no fuss, no muss. I'm still learning the Treo and its quirks, but I'm quite happy.

Thanks AMEX Holiday Wish List!
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:56 pm
Suspended

If anyone has amazon code left let me know.

I am looking for a amazon 25% off code.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
Originally Posted by sithlord
I am looking for a amazon 25% off code.
I have an amazon code. However, I'm afraid to deal with you since you screwed me over on the best buy cert. that I sent to you. I'm still waiting for the United cert. w/ no expiration that I was lead to believe I would receive from you.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:48 pm
Suspended

You sent my cert back . Thats your decision.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 7:08 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
You sent my cert back . Thats your decision.
I sent your cert. back in hopes that you would do the honest thing and also send back to me the Besy Buy cert. that I sent to you in good faith. In our PM's, I specifically asked you if the United cert. you offered me had any restrictions or expiration date. You response was "no." However, when I recieved it in mid-December, it not only did had an expiration date, but one that was only two weeks away (December 31st).

I hope that others reading this post can learn from my mistake and take great precaution in dealing with sithlord.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:10 pm
Suspended

I never received the bb cert so nothing to send back.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:42 pm

I never received the bb cert so nothing to send back.
That's a pretty convenient statement considering that you never notified me about "not receiving" the best buy cert that I sent you. It was only after I contacted you about the soon-to-be expired United cert. you sent me that you then stated you "never received" the best buy cert.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
It's been a week or so since there's been any on-topic discussion in this thread. The need for Amazon codes and other such exchanges really isn't on-topic. Discussion of exchanges and exchanges gone bad really isn't on-topic. And personal bickering isn't either.

I'm going to close this thread. Personal issues between members should stay between those members, please don't restart that piece of the discussion.

Gary
aka gleff
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.