Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Plat (USA) cardholders can now get Equinox Plus annual plan for "free"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Plat (USA) cardholders can now get Equinox Plus annual plan for "free"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:55 am

Someone asked in another forum about whether spa services (massages) might also trigger this credit.

FWIW my annual membership charge moved from pending and posted as "EQUINOX FITNESS PLUSNEWYORK NY"

The terms very clearly limit this credit to memberships. While we certainly have examples of where the black and white of the terms don't necessarily apply (gift cards at physical Saks locations springs to mind), I wouldn't expect charges for apparel or other services to trigger the credit because of how unambiguous my posted charge is.

Given that the lump sum credit is a new development for 2023 we will need some brave souls to test the bounds of this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:55 pm

Anyone have DPs on how long it takes for the credit to post? Charged $300 on 1/11 and running up against a 1/15 30 day date to close my plat and get my AF refund.

update: equinox posted on 1/11, credited 1/15

Last edited by rariya; Jan 15, 2023 at 9:37 am
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:10 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
My Equinox+ app annual membership posted and credited within a few days. I was charged $300 exact, no additional taxes added on. Very happy about this development, as I do not belong to a gym and enjoy the app at home when I get a chance.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
I had signed up for Equinox+ as a new member and after the 7 day trial, i was charged $300 exact. The credit posted in about 3 days. NOW, i just need to use the Equinox+ app and actually try to make it a "useful" benefit
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:32 am

Programs: AS, AA, BA, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, National EE
Did anyone else see they were signed up for a $399 plan during the trial period, not $300? I distinctly remember seeing it listed as $300 when I signed up to check it out, but I don't see that now. The card is set to be billed in three days and I can confirm the Amex page listing my benefits shows I am enrolled.

Last edited by ziggy29; Jan 25, 2023 at 8:41 am
Old Feb 11, 2023, 9:24 pm

Does anyone know if getting the monthly membership (so purchases pass the membership check) then buying stuff from the shop works? It codes different, but people have had success with buying stuff from the shop before.
Old May 11, 2023, 3:38 pm

Amex Platinum - Equinox benefit warning

Well that was a disaster - a word of warning regarding the Amex Platinum Equinox gym benefit.

I enrolled in an annual Equinox+ membership through my Amex benefits page. The process means following an enrollment link from Amex, then Equinox checks your card's eligibility and once that's done, voila, you make an equinox account and use your platinum card to pay.

It was an easy process until I noticed I never received my statement credit, and Amex doesn't have it on record that I enrolled. Something didn't stick I guess. Short of taking a video of my enrollment process it's not like I have proof either. So Amex won't budge and provide me with a statement credit and the Equinox+ membership is not refundable.

Anyone looking to use this benefit be careful to verify your enrollment with through with Amex BEFORE paying Equinox.

I guess I better work out a lot now that I've spent $300 of my own money on a gym membership 😂😂
Old May 11, 2023, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by alshultz
Well that was a disaster - a word of warning regarding the Amex Platinum Equinox gym benefit.

I enrolled in an annual Equinox+ membership through my Amex benefits page. The process means following an enrollment link from Amex, then Equinox checks your card's eligibility and once that's done, voila, you make an equinox account and use your platinum card to pay.

It was an easy process until I noticed I never received my statement credit, and Amex doesn't have it on record that I enrolled. Something didn't stick I guess. Short of taking a video of my enrollment process it's not like I have proof either. So Amex won't budge and provide me with a statement credit and the Equinox+ membership is not refundable.

Anyone looking to use this benefit be careful to verify your enrollment with through with Amex BEFORE paying Equinox.

I guess I better work out a lot now that I've spent $300 of my own money on a gym membership 😂😂
How can AmEx not have the record of the transaction? If the equinox membership was billed to your platinum card, isn't pointing out the exact transaction good enough ? The transaction should clearly say it is from Equinox. What other proof is needed ?
Old May 12, 2023, 2:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by arshi007
The transaction should clearly say it is from Equinox. What other proof is needed ?
The issue is if alshultz enrolled in the offer before making the purchase. See "Enrollment Required" at the top of the Offer here and in the terms:

https://global.americanexpress.com/c...redit/platinum

Last edited by mia; May 12, 2023 at 9:12 am
Old May 12, 2023, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by mia
This issue is if alshultz enrolled in the offer before making the purchase. See "Enrollment Required" at the top of the Offer here and in the terms:

https://global.americanexpress.com/c...redit/platinum
hmm... so i guess it has to do with making sure that one enrolls in the membership through the platinum.equinox.com link and if for some reason that gets screwed up, you are SOL?
Old Jun 23, 2023, 10:46 pm

Signed up for Equinox+ annual membership a few weeks ago. Billed exactly $300 and reimbursed ~1 biz day later. Their meditation classes aren't bad, easier to access compared to Peloton app back when we used to have a Peloton.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS, AA, BA, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, National EE
I had no problem getting this almost immediately -- once the $300 charge posted for EQX+ I had the credit two days later.

What I do wonder about is if my taking this credit will go against me in retention. I have not done that yet, but I know others say that the retention reps tell you how much "value" you get from the credits and benefits compared to the $695 fee. I've barely used EQX+ and I value the credit at close to zero. But I wonder if they will say that is another $300 in value I am getting out of it when the algorithm tells them what retention bonus I am eligible for. I mean, if I can get **any** value out of something that ultimately costs me nothing, I feel like a schmuck for not taking it. But I wonder if this will impact my retention offer.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 4:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallian
Additional members availing the equinox+ online service

Great thread and really good info. Thanks a lot.
i have paid additional $175 and purchased membership cards and for all of my family.

On benefits page of my wife’s Amex account - I did notice option to enroll.
does that mean - I and my wife can both enroll from
From our respective accounts and get credit for both of us ? Any advice ?
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Anix
....both enroll from
From our respective accounts and get credit for both of us ? Any advice ?
You can both enroll, but the benefit is capped at $300 per account, not per card. This is explained in the terms:

Basic Card Members and Additional Card Members on U.S. Consumer Platinum Card Accounts are eligible to receive up to a total of $300 in statement credits each calendar year across all Cards on the Platinum Account on membership fees for Equinox memberships (which include complimentary access to Equinox+ as part of membership) or a stand-alone membership to Equinox+.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:16 pm

Has anyone enrolled in the equinox + benefit recently? I have enrolled on Amex platinum website and confirmed the enrollment. When I follow the link for equinox amex website and try to purchase the $300 digital subscription- I have to enter card number to verify. I am not able to proceed and get an error message.
We’re sorry, the Card you entered is already enrolled in this benefit. Please call the number on the back of your Card for assistance.”
Is this a known glitch? I have contacted the Amex and was told to contact Equinox.
For those using the app- is this worthwhile?
Thanks
I

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.