Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber Eats Pass is now Uber One

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Not available to everyone, scroll back to post 2.

FWIW I received this message on the desktop site, but when I used the Uber Eats app, it let me enroll. (Free for 12 months offer.)
Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Maine2LA
FWIW I received this message on the desktop site, but when I used the Uber Eats app, it let me enroll. (Free for 12 months offer.)
As a U Maine grad, I have to ask whether you use it for American Chop Suey?

Uber Eats app still OK for me, with Uber showing my usual three 10% discounts per month (theoretically) available in December.
Maine2LA and Visconti like this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:59 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Maine2LA
.... when I used the Uber Eats app, it let me enroll. (Free for 12 months offer.)
I used the free Eats Pass offer last year. Were you able to use it more than once?
Maine2LA likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I used the free Eats Pass offer last year. Were you able to use it more than once?
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Has anyone tried to re-subcribe to Uber One using a different person's Amex to get another free year? My subscription ends in a few weeks, so I can't try it now. Thanks.
Wondering these same questions. There are other avenues to get free trials with UE like using another Amex card or Hulu’s 6-month free trial, wondering if I’ll be able to use another free trial when my original 12-month UE? I am debating canceling my trial now so it laps now so I can try another free trial
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by DMSFCA
We have a company policy to prefer Lyft domestically. I've been at LAX during surge times in the last few months, to go about 2mi to the LAX Westin, it was $80 on Lyft and a mere crime of $50 on Uber. Uber Black was half the price of UberX, so it's good to have options with all those weird algorithms.

From my home to SFO, Uber is usually a few dollars cheaper than Lyft. I am not certain if my Uber Pass was playing into it. My free Lyft Pink membership has also lapsed..
Pretty much the exact opposite for me. I'd say 4/5 times, Lyft is cheaper for me.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:30 pm

There's pretty much a scam going on at LAX these days. Seems that the drivers have been ganging up and not accepting rides and when you're waiting in the lot trying to get a decently priced ride you'll see folks offering cash prices outside of the app. Happened to me twice and to a friend once.
For my recent trip from LAX, i just booked a one way car rental to avoid this hassle.
Statman likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:58 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Pretty much the exact opposite for me. I'd say 4/5 times, Lyft is cheaper for me.
Depends on the market. IME, Uber is cheaper in most markets. Sometimes Lyft has wait and save offers that are cheaper but I’ve found them to seldom to be worth it (outside of NYC where you don’t wait).
Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Just looked over a new email from Amex outlining my Platinum benefits: along with Saks, etc. was a reminder to enroll in Uber Eats.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So am I still able to enroll? I have not yet (plat card here).

December Platinum newsletter from
Amex still has this highlighted, valid if one enrolls by Dec. 31.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Ok…back here: is there a way to still enroll?

According to the FAQ, to activate, you should get a prompt either when opening the app, completing an order or in your profile. I think I got a prompt when opening the app a while back, but didn’t want to do it at that time since I wasn’t placing an order. just placed an order and didn’t get a prompt when opening the eats app or placing the order. Can not see an area for this in either Uber eats account section or regular Uber app. I’m waiting on support to get back to me, but in meantime, wondering if there’s something I can do.

will deleting and re-adding my card help?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Great question (and sorry to be slow in responding). I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I have not used it previously.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
No delivery fee plus 5% off orders > $15

https://www.ubereats.com/eats-pass

But that sounds better than it is, given other fees. From a recent order:

So it saved me $3.78 on a $65 (+ fees, tip) food order. As someone who orders Uber Eats usually just once a month, it isn’t worth paying $10 for.
I will say that Uber regularly sends me coupon codes for $12 off two orders or $20 off order of $25 or more, and they sometimes work for pickup orders (skips all the fees).

I don't know if it's associated with Eats Pass, but in general, I've profited pretty handsomely from all the cash they're throwing at me. I don't know how this is sustainable for them in the long run.

Also, for those interested, it looks like if you have two eligible Amex cards (e.g. Gold + Plat) you can cancel Eats Pass and re-renew for another free month of it before the promo goes away. Doesn't seem to be a way to get another 12 months free tho.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I will say that Uber regularly sends me coupon codes for $12 off two orders or $20 off order of $25 or more, and they sometimes work for pickup orders (skips all the fees).

I don't know if it's associated with Eats Pass, but in general, I've profited pretty handsomely from all the cash they're throwing at me. I don't know how this is sustainable for them in the long run.
My wife, who has no Eats Pass or Amex credits, actually gets a lot more targeted coupon offers. They generally can’t be added to my account that we primarily use due to the monthly Amex credit and the now expired Eats Pass (didn’t renew). Always gave us a bit of a math homework to figure out if it is better to use my account without the coupon or hers without the Pass and Amex credit.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
My wife, who has no Eats Pass or Amex credits, actually gets a lot more targeted coupon offers. They generally can’t be added to my account that we primarily use due to the monthly Amex credit and the now expired Eats Pass (didn’t renew). Always gave us a bit of a math homework to figure out if it is better to use my account without the coupon or hers without the Pass and Amex credit.
Interesting. How often does each person get targeted?

In recent memory, I've routinely gotten an offer every week without fail (typically Tuesday valid through following Tuesday). I wonder if it's city-dependent, as I see a lot more DoorDash couriers downtown.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Interesting. How often does each person get targeted?

In recent memory, I've routinely gotten an offer every week without fail (typically Tuesday valid through following Tuesday). I wonder if it's city-dependent, as I see a lot more DoorDash couriers downtown.
That is a lot more frequent than what I have seen for our accounts. Maybe once a month. I have also come across some coupon codes on DoC that I didn’t receive an email about, but most of those were not working for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.