Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex adds live capacity indicators for Centurion Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex adds live capacity indicators for Centurion Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:08 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by mia
Do you see it if you visit the site using an Incognito or Private browser window?
I dont use either of those so I havent tried.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:09 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
The lovely huge banner with AMEX BIZ PLAT of 120K offer reminds - I mean it is a good deal......
I have a targeted 150k MR offer on my AMEX log-in page.will be getting opening it next month.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
JUst flying home to PDX now from SFO and looked up the SFO Cent Lounge status. Very cool to see that it stated that it was close to capacity!
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ekwang
JUst flying home to PDX now from SFO and looked up the SFO Cent Lounge status. Very cool to see that it stated that it was close to capacity!
The million-dollar question here is how accurate the status really is. I generally have the time so I'll probably still check out the lounge just in case.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by lsquare
The million-dollar question here is how accurate the status really is. I generally have the time so I'll probably still check out the lounge just in case.
AMEX should add "waitlist only", "full", or "overflowing" with the number of people ahead of you. That is what the LAX AS lounge used to do with PP holders.

This afternoon at SFO there were nine people ahead of me when I was added to the waitlist.

This morning at SEA there were two people ahead of me when I was waitlisted.

Both times the app said "almost full" but it was 100% full + waitlist only.

This week and last IAH said "a little busy" but it was over 80% full each time.

I hoped to report on the LAX CL but "construction" closed it even though Covid restrictions did not.

Maybe LAX is waiting for Build Back Better billions?
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
What is incredible annoying is that you have to show all the documents (card, ID, boarding pass) to waitlist, then to show then again when you get the text.

Amex, if you are listening, a better system is to check in on the app, generate a QR code that you can scan when you physically arrive at the lounge to be waitlisted.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by SP03
Amex, if you are listening, a better system is to check in on the app, generate a QR code that you can scan when you physically arrive at the lounge to be waitlisted.
Or better yet, have that checkin on the app ALSO add you to the waitlist so you only have to head there when it's your turn.
notquiteaff and lsquare like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Or better yet, have that checkin on the app ALSO add you to the waitlist so you only have to head there when it's your turn.
It sure saves a lot of time!
Old Oct 23, 2021, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2
I thought about that, but I would imagine a lot of people would check in before they even arrive at the airport, causing no shows when they text you. This could mess up the entire waitlist system.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I thought about that, but I would imagine a lot of people would check in before they even arrive at the airport, causing no shows when they text you. This could mess up the entire waitlist system.
you could limit check in via a geofence, and only allow people to checkin/waitlist when they are at the airport (ie, within X radius from the lounge). I know Yelp uses that to prevent people from getting on the waitlist at a restaurant if they are farther than a few miles away. It would take a bit of work initially, as it would likely require each lounge to geofence differently given the airport footprints are different, but certainly possible to do with tech available today.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
you could limit check in via a geofence, and only allow people to checkin/waitlist when they are at the airport (ie, within X radius from the lounge). I know Yelp uses that to prevent people from getting on the waitlist at a restaurant if they are farther than a few miles away. It would take a bit of work initially, as it would likely require each lounge to geofence differently given the airport footprints are different, but certainly possible to do with tech available today.
They can but you would also have to grant the app access to your location. I suspect many people turn off location access for apps such as this.
HPN-HRL likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
They can but you would also have to grant the app access to your location. I suspect many people turn off location access for apps such as this.
I suppose, but I wonder if it meant being able to get on the waitlist earlier, many of those might give the app this kind of permission - at least temporarily. Not sure about Android, but on iPhone, you have options to allow this access 'just once' or 'only when using app' vs. having it as an always allowed thing. Could be programed so the prompt with the window only comes up when you select the specific centurion lounge location. I think the iOS API even allows you to customize the message that appears with the prompt to specify what they use the location info. for, so Amex could add specific language noting this is used to allow you to be added to the waitlist without having to do so in person at the lounge (or something similar).
mia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.