Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum USA Clear membership fee reimbursement. [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Effective May 19, 2022 Platinum Card Members can now earn up to $189 (increased from $179) in statement
credits per calendar year when they use their Platinum Cards to pay for the annual CLEAR membership.
Purchases by both the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on the Card Account are eligible
for statement credits. However, the total amount of statement credits for eligible purchases will not exceed $189
on the Card Account per calendar year. We are also changing the Benefit Name to $189 CLEAR Credit.
Print Wikipost

Platinum USA Clear membership fee reimbursement. [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:27 am

I just got the CLEAR renewal notice - way too high (added spouse last year and that was covered by Biz Plat with Skymiles discount).
I currently have 2 Biz Plats.
Thinking to drop spouse, my renewal would then be covered by Plat on file.
Then change card, add spouse after.
Annoying, but tis what it is.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 9:48 am

It looks like the price to add a family member went up. I'm up for renewal in July. Do we still get a discount for being Delta/United loyalty members (Even without status)?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:04 am

Typo

Originally Posted by SudOvest
It looks like the price to add a family member went up. I'm up for renewal in July. Do we still get a discount for being Delta/United loyalty members (Even without status)?
Yes, but only $10 less if you don't have status. It's $40 off if you have the credit card.
​​​
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by DCJoe1
Yes, but only $10 less if you don't have status. It's $40 off if you have the credit card.
​​​
It used to be around $119 plus $70 to add a family member with any status, right? So there is no way the Amex Plat credit will cover my wife and I anymore?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by SudOvest
It used to be around $119 plus $70 to add a family member with any status, right? So there is no way the Amex Plat credit will cover my wife and I anymore?
Correct. If you don't have status or a credit card (Delta or United), but are a base program member, it would $179+99 for 2 adults. So $278, minus the $189 credit it is net $89 cost. Net $59 if you have one of those cards.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:15 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I just noticed that my personal consumer Amex Platinum card has 48 benefits, whereas my wife's only as 36. One of the remaining 12 appears to be Clear? 👀

Added: She quit the Amex app and started it up again, and suddenly all of the benefits were there, Clear shows enrolled and even reimbursed. That was odd.

Last edited by vanillabean; Feb 4, 2024 at 11:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.