Wiki Posts
Search

‘Pending’ Points Question -

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2021, 8:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

‘Pending’ Points Question -

Quick question. My statement closed yesterday and I have all these ‘pending’ points. How long does it take to go from pending to posted Membership Rewards?

This was my first statement with the Amex Platinum that I got in late February. The posting should include the sign up bonus, plus actual spend.

With Chase and Citi, once statements posts, the miles/points are available for transfer or use.

Thanks!

Last edited by FriscoHeavy; Mar 13, 2021 at 8:28 am
Old Mar 13, 2021, 8:58 am

I believe they will post once your payment has been received (see the "Available on Payment" line).
Old Mar 13, 2021, 9:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkY123
I believe they will post once your payment has been received (see the "Available on Payment" line).

Thank you. Except, that I’ve already done so.

Old Mar 13, 2021, 9:45 am

If I recall correctly, it took a while for the points/signup bonus to post. It was definitely longer than what I'm used to with Citi. Sorry I couldn't be more specific -- the app won't let me look up activity from that far back.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 9:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Q. What are "pending points? How long until the pending points are available?

A. When you earn Membership Rewards points, they initially appear as pending. These points will be added to your Points Balance and available for use if your minimum payment is received by the Payment Due Date, typically within 24–72 hours after the payment is applied to your Card account.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...p-rewards/faq/
MarkY123 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

If I recall correctly, it took a while for the points/signup bonus to post. It was definitely longer than what I'm used to with Citi. Sorry I couldn't be more specific -- the app won't let me look up activity from that far back.
Thank you, buddy. Nothing I can do except wait, I suppose. I just had my eyes on a couple award tickets and need to get them transferred over to BA for use.

Have a great day!
Old Mar 13, 2021, 2:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Update:

Points posted randomly midday today. I transferred them over to British Airways and booked an American Airlines award flight.

Cheers,
Old Mar 13, 2021, 2:44 pm

Congrats! Thanks for the update.
Originally Posted by FriscoHeavy
Update:

Points posted randomly midday today. I transferred them over to British Airways and booked an American Airlines award flight.

Cheers,
Old Mar 13, 2021, 2:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Congrats! Thanks for the update.
You bet!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.