Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2021 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2021, 2:59 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by moe8555
Well he mentioned $1=1MR so I figured he was not booking prepaid FHR stays... Plus the prepaids are hit and miss with regard to elite qualifying these days, and that seems very important to him.

I have an upcoming prepaid FHR at an Intercontinental and they've already confirmed it came through as an OTA booking and is non-qualifying. As a Spire that considered adding Ambassador before the stay, that's highly disappointing.
Ok, makes sense. Just as a FYI, FHR stays are elite qualifying (even prepaid) as a matter of policy for Hyatt. My experience with Marriott has been hit or miss.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:56 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Big Puppy
.... It was basically a link to say I was interested.....
This is not an invitation to open a Centurion account, and the fact that the site displayed the survey while you were adding a card is probably a coincidence.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This is not an invitation to open a Centurion account, and the fact that the site displayed the survey while you were adding a card is probably a coincidence.
Thanks. I completed the minimum info they asked for and the message was more or less “we’ll hit you back with an invite” if we chose. Not really expecting one just found it interesting it popped up. I’ve never seen any type of Centurion adds/survey before.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555
You actually could have paid for the whole folio with your (Amex) Bonvoy card. FHR only mandates payment with an Amex card, not only the Platinum card.

Virtuoso and Stars would count as "direct" qualifying bookings.

I did pay for everything with AMEX BonVoy. I didn’t realize you could book through FHR and not pay with the Platinum. That’s good to know. Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by SteveT
Once you pass the $2-3 million mark within a year, Amex will assign an Acct Mgr in your area. Corp is a good option if you want to avoid personal liability, but the spending limits are not as generous as the business.
i was provided with an account manager, at much lower spend point.

i am yet to see any real value of the business centurion over the bus plat, unless there are attractive undisclosed benefits.
SteveT likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i was provided with an account manager, at much lower spend point.

i am yet to see any real value of the business centurion over the bus plat, unless there are attractive undisclosed benefits.
do you have centurion card? business side? or just making comment based on what you have read about it ?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:08 pm

I am not sure if this will get me in trouble because i am not suppose to share my youtube account on here but i have the centurion card and i did a unboxing video and i will be making more videos to discuss how i received the card, how much i spent on the card and so on.

If you guys are interested in looking at the video or my future videos, you can search "get to the point travel " i have around 375 subscribers.
ubiquitous1984 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JustA Millennial
I am not sure if this will get me in trouble because i am not suppose to share my youtube account on here but i have the centurion card and i did a unboxing video and i will be making more videos to discuss how i received the card, how much i spent on the card and so on.

If you guys are interested in looking at the video or my future videos, you can search "get to the point travel " i have around 375 subscribers.
Thanks. I actually watched your video before. Not sure if it’s against the rules either but I’m sure the mods will remove this if so.

Here’s the video:

Sad to see you were disappointed with the experience. I agree it’s pretty tame.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Thanks. I actually watched your video before. Not sure if it’s against the rules either but I’m sure the mods will remove this if so.

Here’s the video: https://youtu.be/lJ5-BBOdYuY

Sad to see you were disappointed with the experience. I agree it’s pretty tame.
i mean it was $15k box lol I have gotten better packaging from 15 dollars chocolate box. But i am very satisfied with the benefits and i am actually surprised how many centurion members are not sharing each and every benefit here.

I have already gotten more than 3000 dollars worth of upgrades, with my hotel stays, delta platinum upgrades. and equinox membership is worth $4100 and it made me think i should go to the gym more and i have lost 7 lbs already.

I think having the card have all these other benefits like you get better treatment from other people. I made a video on that as well.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
But i am very satisfied with the benefits and i am actually surprised how many centurion members are not sharing each and every benefit here.
We have shared an awful lot. Go back and read the last 21 years of posts on Centurion.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 4:52 pm

i mean it was $15k box lol I have gotten better packaging from 15 dollars chocolate box. But i am very satisfied with the benefits and i am actually surprised how many centurion members are not sharing each and every benefit here.

I have already gotten more than 3000 dollars worth of upgrades, with my hotel stays, delta platinum upgrades. and equinox membership is worth $4100 and it made me think i should go to the gym more and i have lost 7 lbs already.

I think having the card have all these other benefits like you get better treatment from other people. I made a video on that as well.
Thx. I subscribed a while ago but didn’t see your new videos on my Home Screen. Looking forward to seeing your spend profile video.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Thx. I subscribed a while ago but didn’t see your new videos on my Home Screen. Looking forward to seeing your spend profile video.
Does anyone know of any 2021 Centurion Business cards that have been approved this year ? I've been pushing my rep about getting one but he claims they arent issuing them due to covid. I think its complete BS. Spending anywhere from 750K-2.5M a month on Plum and BP.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
Does anyone know of any 2021 Centurion Business cards that have been approved this year ? I've been pushing my rep about getting one but he claims they arent issuing them due to covid. I think its complete BS. Spending anywhere from 750K-2.5M a month on Plum and BP.
Yes there are definitely people that got the Biz Cent this year. How long have you been with Amex? 750K to 2.5m is also a pretty big range. My business CC spend is below that (even the low-end of your range) but much more consistent. My account manager basically told me that my relationship with Amex isn't long enough. However, I am very curious if spend profiles play a role in receiving invites as well. A very very very very small portion of our spend could be considered luxury. Everything else would be pretty mundane. I'm hoping this type of thing would matter less for the biz cent?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
My spend never drops below 750K a month and certain months I spend quite a bit more. I'd wager roughly 10-15M yearly. Been with amex since 2015. Only have been spending those amounts since January 2020 but its been very consistent since then. I've been through UW twice now and have gotten a large increase 2 months ago in spending ability.

My spend is largely mundane on the Business cards but I do quite a bit of luxury travel on the personal side of amex cards.

Trying to gauge how much BS my rep is feeding me as I've heard chatter of other people getting approved on the business side this year.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
My spend never drops below 750K a month and certain months I spend quite a bit more. I'd wager roughly 10-15M yearly. Been with amex since 2015. Only have been spending those amounts since January 2020 but its been very consistent since then. I've been through UW twice now and have gotten a large increase 2 months ago in spending ability.

My spend is largely mundane on the Business cards but I do quite a bit of luxury travel on the personal side of amex cards.

Trying to gauge how much BS my rep is feeding me as I've heard chatter of other people getting approved on the business side this year.
People have definitely gotten the biz card this year. I’m not privy to any specifics but most time horizons I’ve seen for this have been a few years. Maybe just wait it out until 2022 (where you will have been hitting this spend for 2 years) and talk to your account manager then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.