Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Refer a Friend Three for ALL offers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

AMEX Refer a Friend Three for ALL offers

In case you haven't heard, AMEX has come out with some awesome targeted referral offers where they would add 3 points on top of your regular earning rate, for three months, including bonus categories, which make it a nice deal. Cards include Gold and Blue Cash. Here's an excerpt from their TC:Additional +3 Rewards

Qualifying Card Members will receive an additional three (3) rewards per eligible dollar spent on their Card account (for the Card referred) for three (3) months, starting from the date the referral results in an approved account. The additional three (3) rewards will be applied to rewards categories for which eligible purchases are rewarded with cash back, Membership Rewards® Points, Delta SkyMiles®, Hilton Honors Bonus Points or Marriott Bonvoy Points. The following are some examples of how qualifying Card Members will earn additional rewards during the 3-month offer period:

A Blue Cash Everyday® Card Member who typically earns, among other rewards, 2% cash back at U.S. Gas Stations and 1% cash back on other purchases will earn 5% cash back at U.S. Gas Stations (2% + additional 3%) and 4% cash back on other purchases (1% + additional 3%) during the 3-month offer period.
A Green Card Member who typically earns, among other rewards, 3X Membership Rewards® Points on Restaurants will earn 6X (3X + additional 3 Points) during the 3-month offer period.

I have no intention to abuse this since AMEX has been nice and gracious with me and they made it clear they don't like GC purchases. At the same time I don't want to miss out on such an awesome opportunity to earn MR points. Looking for creative ideas on ways to charge as much as possible in the next three months, obviously with the prospect to recuperate most of that spend. Taxes, pre payments, mortgages, etc.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
This looks like a great deal. Will definitely be hitting it for 4Q tax estimates.
I also just confirmed the following via chat: The referred friend does not need to apply for the same card you referred from to get the 3 MR bonus. So if you refer from Every Day Preferred but the friend applies for regular Every Day card you are still eligible for the 3 extra MRs. The 3 month clock for bonus MRs starts the day the referred friend is approved.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyaxa
This looks like a great deal. Will definitely be hitting it for 4Q tax estimates.
I also just confirmed the following via chat: The referred friend does not need to apply for the same card you referred from to get the 3 MR bonus. So if you refer from Every Day Preferred but the friend applies for regular Every Day card you are still eligible for the 3 extra MRs. The 3 month clock for bonus MRs starts the day the referred friend is approved.
Interesting, didn't know that the card didn't have to be the same. Curious how that would work out with the links, since they say make sure you use the referral link to apply and the referral link is to the specific card. I suppose there's a way to change that.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 12:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DjRocket
..... Curious how that would work out with the links,.....
The referral link loads a web page. Scroll down to the Explore Other Cards area.

Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
The referral link loads a web page. Scroll down to the Explore Other Cards area.
Great, thanks Mia !
Old Oct 14, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Do we know which Amex card you have gets the 3x bonus? Is it one? Is it all? I have Platinum, Green and Gold. My friend got the gold. So would I get 3x on my gold or all 3 cards?
Old Oct 15, 2020, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Do we know which Amex card you have gets the 3x bonus? Is it one? Is it all? I have Platinum, Green and Gold. My friend got the gold. So would I get 3x on my gold or all 3 cards?
As I understand it, the 3x bonus is only on the card from which you referred someone. You can see which of your cards have the promotion attached by going to the Refer A Friend page of your Amex account. Top right you will see all your cards and above those "Select one of your Cards to refer." Select one of the cards, and if it has the offer, you will see in the toppish left "REFER A FRIEND THREE FOR ALL: Limited Time Offer. Ends 10/28."
Old Oct 17, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Does anyone know if Amex still provides the new cc # at the time of approval? I'd like to apply for a new Gold but want to make a payment within 2 weeks and the cards don't always arrive that quickly. Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Does anyone know if Amex still provides the new cc # at the time of approval? I'd like to apply for a new Gold but want to make a payment within 2 weeks and the cards don't always arrive that quickly. Thanks.
They did for my wife's green card last week.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 3:00 pm

I started receiving the Three for All bonus early this month. I LOVE this promo and so far the bonus MRs are posting about the same time the regular MRs show as pending. I'm wondering whether anyone has an educated guess if the three month clock for the promo would reset if I got another approved referral before the end date (10/28)? The promo still shows up on my referral page, but the T&Cs don't seem to address the issue.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG PLAT, ALASKA MVPGOLD
May I ask how long it took for the 3x to kick in?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by DP81
May I ask how long it took for the 3x to kick in?
I think it was immediate. I received an email saying the bonus was in effect the same day the referred card was approved.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flymonthly
I think it was immediate. I received an email saying the bonus was in effect the same day the referred card was approved.
Yep, same here. Also, a very nice thing is that the 3x are applied as soon as the charges are posted so you can see them in your Rewards activities log, at least for the AMEX Gold card.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:12 am

Anyone know if the 3X will also apply to authorized users' cards linked to the referring card?
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Anyone know if the 3X will also apply to authorized users' cards linked to the referring card?
Yes, it does. Also, they total all of the purchases posted to the card(s) for the day and post one 3X entry for the amount. One nice feature is that the 3X points are earned immediately when posted, even though the base points for the purchase show as pending.
flyaxa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.