FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Refer a Friend Three for ALL offers
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2020, 4:06 pm
DjRocket

AMEX Refer a Friend Three for ALL offers

In case you haven't heard, AMEX has come out with some awesome targeted referral offers where they would add 3 points on top of your regular earning rate, for three months, including bonus categories, which make it a nice deal. Cards include Gold and Blue Cash. Here's an excerpt from their TC:Additional +3 Rewards

Qualifying Card Members will receive an additional three (3) rewards per eligible dollar spent on their Card account (for the Card referred) for three (3) months, starting from the date the referral results in an approved account. The additional three (3) rewards will be applied to rewards categories for which eligible purchases are rewarded with cash back, Membership Rewards® Points, Delta SkyMiles®, Hilton Honors Bonus Points or Marriott Bonvoy Points. The following are some examples of how qualifying Card Members will earn additional rewards during the 3-month offer period:

A Blue Cash Everyday® Card Member who typically earns, among other rewards, 2% cash back at U.S. Gas Stations and 1% cash back on other purchases will earn 5% cash back at U.S. Gas Stations (2% + additional 3%) and 4% cash back on other purchases (1% + additional 3%) during the 3-month offer period.
A Green Card Member who typically earns, among other rewards, 3X Membership Rewards® Points on Restaurants will earn 6X (3X + additional 3 Points) during the 3-month offer period.

I have no intention to abuse this since AMEX has been nice and gracious with me and they made it clear they don't like GC purchases. At the same time I don't want to miss out on such an awesome opportunity to earn MR points. Looking for creative ideas on ways to charge as much as possible in the next three months, obviously with the prospect to recuperate most of that spend. Taxes, pre payments, mortgages, etc.