Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Refer a Friend Three for ALL offers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by robchow
I don't see the extra 3 MR posting; I have read that some are already seeing it. In "chat," I asked about this and CSR mentioned it takes 8-12 weeks to post. At least it was confirmed that this extra 3 MR offer is on the card. It is somewhat scary that I am putting majority of spend on this card in hopes (after 12 weeks) I will receive the extra MR points.
Did you initial referral bonus post?
Old Nov 2, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

My referral bonus posted a few days after my referred friend was approved but the 3x not posting.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 12:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by joachimm
I received the referral bonus (25K for Gold) but I'm not getting +3x on my purchases. I've called several times and this last time got a seemingly knowledgeable rep who said that I'd have to wait the 8-12 weeks to open an investigation.

Has anyone successfully gotten an MR rep to investigate the 3x not showing up? I'm convinced that there's a problem and I'm going to have to call in and get the 3x fixed at the end of the 3 months, and I'd rather have the points now, obviously. Have about 20K spend that I will move to this card.
Have the exact same issue. Have to wait up to 6-8 weeks for an investigation which for this offer is not helpful. I don't need the points to post daily, even if it takes 8-12 weeks that is fine but I do want confirmation that I will get them if I move all my spending to this card.

Last edited by Enigma368; Nov 3, 2020 at 12:31 am
Old Nov 4, 2020, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by BookerNYC
Did you initial referral bonus post?
Yes, referral posted but not the extra 3x MR.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, AS MVPG
Oddly, I received an email yesterday from Amex confirming my referral bonus (even though my referral went through back on Oct. 21). Still no indication of the 3x points posting on my account, though. (Glad to have the email evidence of the referral though!)
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Interesting. I got the email on 10/29, the day my P2 signed up for Gold. I referred from my Gold to get the extra 3x plus 25,000 MR. I love that she can use her AU on my Gold account for 3 months and that they gave her 6 months to hit the $5k for 60,000 MRs. If it had been the normal 3 months, that would have meant giving up 15,000 MRs to have her hit her spend, but now she can do it after my 3 months of 3x extra expires.

Also, I am seeing the 3x extra points show up, with a slight delay and something I've never seen before. It looks like they take the spending by day, add up the spend for that day, and then have a single line item with 3x for that day's spend. Makes it really hard to audit to see if you've gotten what you earned, especially if you have a lot of transactions...
Old Jan 4, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
Also, I am seeing the 3x extra points show up, with a slight delay and something I've never seen before. It looks like they take the spending by day, add up the spend for that day, and then have a single line item with 3x for that day's spend. Makes it really hard to audit to see if you've gotten what you earned, especially if you have a lot of transactions...
Yes, I'm seeing this too. At this point I have no idea how to audit it either without herculean effort of figuring out how many days delayed the bonus generally posts, counting the days since P2 was approved, subtracting the lag time, calculating total spend during that period, adding up the dozens and dozens of bonuses, and then comparing that to my total spend. Anyone figure out a better way to do this, or are we stuck basically trusting Amex to get it right?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Yes, I'm seeing this too. At this point I have no idea how to audit it either without herculean effort of figuring out how many days delayed the bonus generally posts, counting the days since P2 was approved, subtracting the lag time, calculating total spend during that period, adding up the dozens and dozens of bonuses, and then comparing that to my total spend. Anyone figure out a better way to do this, or are we stuck basically trusting Amex to get it right?
I haven't got the time to do a full audit because I've used the card so heavily.."Your December 2020 rewards activity on this American Express Gold Card: 226,xxx points"

What I have done is spot check half a dozen days and the numbers matched.
LowValueCustomer likes this.

Last edited by Happy Traveling Consultant; Jan 4, 2021 at 12:43 pm
Old Feb 13, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
DId anyone else fail to get the bonus? I definitely referred using the offer but Amex are saying I didnt have the 3x offer on my account and are refusing to honor Anyone in the same boat? Anyone have any advice on what I can do?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
DId anyone else fail to get the bonus? I definitely referred using the offer but Amex are saying I didnt have the 3x offer on my account and are refusing to honor Anyone in the same boat? Anyone have any advice on what I can do?
i know this is a long time since, but i had a similar situation. i got the lump sum referral bonus right after i referred someone during the promo period, but i wasn't seeing the 3x. i called and an agent confirmed that i had the offer on my account.

then the issues started.
i got the same answer about ~8 weeks etc. and i continually asked for investigations and the works. nothing helped. i then moved up to emailing the executives and filing with the CFPB, and i was refused there as well.

finally a half a year later the points just show up in my account!!!
i have no idea way, or what caused it but i sure am happy that i got the points.

i guess my point is that some time just waiting brings the desired results
Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by justmeha
i know this is a long time since, but i had a similar situation. i got the lump sum referral bonus right after i referred someone during the promo period, but i wasn't seeing the 3x. i called and an agent confirmed that i had the offer on my account.

then the issues started.
i got the same answer about ~8 weeks etc. and i continually asked for investigations and the works. nothing helped. i then moved up to emailing the executives and filing with the CFPB, and i was refused there as well.

finally a half a year later the points just show up in my account!!!
i have no idea way, or what caused it but i sure am happy that i got the points.

i guess my point is that some time just waiting brings the desired results
Thanks for the reply. I was told repeatedly flat out that I didn't have this offer on my account, even though I know i definitely did. Were you told the same thing?

After escalating a couple of times, I gave up. Unusually bad customer service from Amex.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Thanks for the reply. I was told repeatedly flat out that I didn't have this offer on my account, even though I know i definitely did. Were you told the same thing?

After escalating a couple of times, I gave up. Unusually bad customer service from Amex.
yes I was, and I understand how frustrating it must be for you.

FWIW I Filed with the CFPB and sent an email to the ceo ( though neither of them yielded direct results) before getting it resolved

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.