Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2020, 2:09 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I didn't read the terms and conditions. .
Offer valid online only for purchases made on ubereats.com or through the Uber Eats: Food Delivery Network mobile app. Valid only on US website and US mobile app.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 2:45 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
UberEats +9 additional points, up to 1800 points* on purchases through UberEats app or online. Expires 12/31/2020

*If my math is correct, that would be up to $200 total purchases.
I got this on my Gold card among others, and worth noting in case anyone wasn't aware -- Uber Eats does count as restaurant spend on the Gold card, so appears that should be a total of 13 points/$ for $200 in spend.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by Troopers
Amazon. Get 8 add’l MR up to 3,000 MR expires 12/31/20.
I just used this for the first time since I put it on my card. I wasn't sure what it meant by excluding 'corporate gift cards', so I decided to throw in a $25 Grubhub GC in my Amazon order yesterday. So far, it's the only thing that isn't pending on the order (the rest is physical merch) and the 200 extra points already hit my account. FYI.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by fredc84
I just used this for the first time since I put it on my card. I wasn't sure what it meant by excluding 'corporate gift cards', so I decided to throw in a $25 Grubhub GC in my Amazon order yesterday. So far, it's the only thing that isn't pending on the order (the rest is physical merch) and the 200 extra points already hit my account. FYI.
probably refers to
Amazon Amazon
mia likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 5:45 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Originally Posted by fredc84
....'corporate gift cards'.....
I "think" this refers to bulk purchases, at less-than-face-value, for promotional programs. Purchases of Amazon gift cards for personal use or holiday gifts should earn points.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by mia
I "think" this refers to bulk purchases, at less-than-face-value, for promotional programs. Purchases of Amazon gift cards for personal use or holiday gifts should earn points.
Well, at least I know I'll be able to max out this offer with GC's.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 10:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Can confirm said phone app adds multiples of offers onto different cards AND are usable.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Dunkin Donuts, 10% back up to $5.00.
Expires 12/31/20. IN STORE ONLY
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alright, try an Exxon fill up today - receipt showed Exxon but no Congrats email came... Will see how this one would go... Also at one pump the card reader could not read the card, instructed me to pay inside. I moved to a different pump and that worked. My understanding is, the AMEX gas promo has to be done at the pump not inside.

I did notice there are a couple Exxon stations have turned into Marathon now I paid closer attention on the brands. The one that fooled me still have not painted the Marathon logo though. So it is a white background color board on their price display sign, as well as on the top of the store - just a white background with a blue strip at the bottom, exact same design as an Exxon..
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
BUT note that Delta giftcards will not work if purchased from Delta's mobile site, because Delta routes those transactions to Cashstar, and it needs to be a Delta transaction.
Before making the purchase, I just want to confirm that gift cards purchased directly from the Delta.com site trigger the Amex rebate.

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:35 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by gnomie
Before making the purchase, I just want to confirm that gift cards purchased directly from the Delta.com site trigger the Amex rebate.

Thanks for your help!
Yes, it did for me.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
For those who haven't used up the Dell offer yet, currently 13% on TopCashback (ends in 2 days) and 12% on Rakuten.

Also have a 20% off Expedia up to $20 back. Fine print says "Valid only on 'pre-paid' ("pay online now") hotel purchases" among other T&C.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
For those who haven't used up the Dell offer yet, currently 13% on TopCashback (ends in 2 days) and 12% on Rakuten.

Also have a 20% off Expedia up to $20 back. Fine print says "Valid only on 'pre-paid' ("pay online now") hotel purchases" among other T&C.
yeah, debating whether to wait for Cyber Monday to see if this goes up to 15 or 20% But keeping the Dell offer 'ready' to go for sure
Old Nov 26, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Aspire authorized user "AmEx Offers"?

Sorry, can't find this answer in all the threads.

1. If the main card holder signed up for an offer (e.g., Teleflora rebate), does the purchase have to be on the main card or can it be on the authorized user's card?

2. Are authorized users eligible to sign up for the AmEx offers? (I think NO, since I can't get it to work online)

Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 10:33 am
mia

Originally Posted by abaheti
1. If the main card holder signed up for an offer (e.g., Teleflora rebate), does the purchase have to be on the main card .....
Yes. Read here: https://www.amexoffers.com/amexoffersfaqs In order to get the statement credit or points, you must make the qualifying purchase using the same Card to which you added the offer.

To receive Offers the supplementary cardholder must register the card at americanexpress.com with a separate Username and password. If you have trouble creating an online account for the card, call the number on the back.
Flying Machine and abaheti like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.