Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:19 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by highops
Green Card

Spend $2500 get 2500 bonus MRP points. You can do this up to three times. You add the offer by a deadline in early 2021 and then have 90 days to complete the offer..
Thanks for the heads up. It's not on my card yet. I hope I am targeted.
gnomie likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 11:14 am

I had the Dell $100 statement credit on my Amex platinum as did two out of the 3 authorized users for that card. I added the offer to each of the cards and made my first purchase of approximately $250- splitting the payment (as Dell allows) between two of the cards that had the offer. I see that the statement credit is reflexed in my primary account but not that account of the authorized user that I added it too. Also now this Dell offer is no longer showing on the "Added Offers" of my two authorized users (who each have their own log in). I definitely added this offer to those cards and I did go through the link on the Amex page to make the purchase and not through another portal.

Last edited by Redeemed; Aug 7, 2020 at 11:14 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 8, 2020, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Redeemed
I had the Dell $100 statement credit on my Amex platinum as did two out of the 3 authorized users for that card. I added the offer to each of the cards and made my first purchase of approximately $250- splitting the payment (as Dell allows) between two of the cards that had the offer. I see that the statement credit is reflexed in my primary account but not that account of the authorized user that I added it too. Also now this Dell offer is no longer showing on the "Added Offers" of my two authorized users (who each have their own log in). I definitely added this offer to those cards and I did go through the link on the Amex page to make the purchase and not through another portal.
anyone know if the dell credit will work for a $90 purchase? Or does it specifically have to be $100 or more. Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2020, 8:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by djdw905
anyone know if the dell credit will work for a $90 purchase? Or does it specifically have to be $100 or more. Thanks
This sort of detail can usually been found in the offer T&C:

"Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Amex Platinum Card® to spend a minimum of $100 in one or more transactions online at Dell.com/amexplat or via phone at 800-291-3355 by 1/31/2021."
Old Aug 8, 2020, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
This sort of detail can usually been found in the offer T&C:

"Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Amex Platinum Card® to spend a minimum of $100 in one or more transactions online at Dell.com/amexplat or via phone at 800-291-3355 by 1/31/2021."
my bad. Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Just dropping back in to update on the Dell offer.

3 charges posted, 3 $100 credits posted for the primary and two AU.

My head phones are back ordered until October. I guess I should have waited an hour or two before mentioning the offer. :-)

Last edited by highops; Aug 11, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Old Aug 16, 2020, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Does anyone have any data points with the Marriot promo and gift cards for this year? If I go to my local marriott and buy a GC will the credit trigger?
Old Aug 16, 2020, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfabar1
Does anyone have any data points with the Marriot promo and gift cards for this year? If I go to my local marriott and buy a GC will the credit trigger?
The first question is whether you local Marriott will even sell you a gift card right now. Some Marriott properties may not normally sell them, and then other Marriott properties may have stopped selling them during the pandemic for whatever reason (just as many Marriott properties have completely shut down restaurants and room service, not even having it available for take out, right now, which is more due to cost cutting than pure safety reasons).
Old Aug 17, 2020, 10:21 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
On my DL Reserve card:

Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Hllton has some as well:

https://milestomemories.com/new-amex...-delta-hilton/

I got the extra base points without the free night for $5000.

I have an offer for the Gold @ 60K SUB, that + 4x points on restaurant spend through the end of the year would be interesting. I need to clear off a Hilton Aspire and AMEX Gold SUB first though.

(Problem is I am not sure I'd fly Delta enough to avoid the dreaded popup.)

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Aug 17, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Old Aug 20, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Datapoint on Dell $100 offer: used AMEX Dell offer link.

8/17: $103 purchase (PC hard drive and flash memory), almost instantly received email "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer for $100.00 cash back at DELL US COMPUTER SALES"
8/20: Account credited $100.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
more dell data points

I charged on 8/14, on the smt it shows the $100 credit on 8/15, but that did not show up until today 8/20, so they used a time machine apparently
Old Aug 20, 2020, 6:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

Hyatt offer showed up on some of our cards. It's $50 off $250 til Nov 10.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 7:33 pm

The local restaurants with AMEX offers (ex, 20% back at Jim’s Burgers) often also have Groupon deals for 20% off when using linked cards. This isn’t the same as buying a voucher from Groupon. Rather, I save the deal to my Groupon account and when I make a purchase using my linked card, the card is supposed to give me 20% off. I’ve never actually used the Groupon deals before but that’s how it’s supposed to work. Has anybody used the Groupon deal with an AMEX card that also has an offer for that same restaurant? Do the 20% deals stack?
Old Aug 22, 2020, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
The local restaurants with AMEX offers (ex, 20% back at Jim’s Burgers) often also have Groupon deals for 20% off when using linked cards. This isn’t the same as buying a voucher from Groupon. Rather, I save the deal to my Groupon account and when I make a purchase using my linked card, the card is supposed to give me 20% off. I’ve never actually used the Groupon deals before but that’s how it’s supposed to work. Has anybody used the Groupon deal with an AMEX card that also has an offer for that same restaurant? Do the 20% deals stack?
these stack just fine. The rebate on Groupon Plus comes from Groupon and not from Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.