Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 8:59 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I don't know if Amex would necessarily consider it part of their "COVID response card benefits package" but I had an Amex offer today on my personal Platinum card for $100 off $100 spent at Dell using a specific Amex link, which is pretty good as Amex offers go and could be considered yet another credit against the Platinum annual fee. (I assume this doesn't appear for Business Platinum card holders since a Dell credit is already part of that card's standard benefits package.)
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by bgriff
I don't know if Amex would necessarily consider it part of their "COVID response card benefits package" but I had an Amex offer today on my personal Platinum card for $100 off $100 spent at Dell using a specific Amex link, which is pretty good as Amex offers go and could be considered yet another credit against the Platinum annual fee. (I assume this doesn't appear for Business Platinum card holders since a Dell credit is already part of that card's standard benefits package.)
I saw that as well. They sell quite a bit more than just Dell laptops. Just as a few examples, I saw TVs, smart watches, Bose headphones, and Galaxy tablets. They also allow up to two credit cards per transaction as long as the billing and shipping addresses match. In other words, if you and your spouse both have Platinum cards with the offer, you should be able to combine them into a single purchase for a $200 credit.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I saw that as well. They sell quite a bit more than just Dell laptops. Just as a few examples, I saw TVs, smart watches, Bose headphones, and Galaxy tablets. They also allow up to two credit cards per transaction as long as the billing and shipping addresses match. In other words, if you and your spouse both have Platinum cards with the offer, you should be able to combine them into a single purchase for a $200 credit.
There is also a 5% cash back offer on a couple of my Chase cards (alas, requires $999+ purchase) that could be used with this two-card strategy for a bit of extra gain.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
On the Dell offer - there's a Amex-specific URL in the offer. Anyone know whether using these URLs is typically enforced (or even better, have a data point in the past day of buying without using the link)?

Wife has a corporate discount program through her work that she accesses with a different Dell URL, though all charges just show up as vanilla dell.com. Wondering if it's possible to combine her corp discount with the $100 credit.

Perfectly happy to take the free $100 either way, but this is FT.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by gooselee
On the Dell offer - there's a Amex-specific URL in the offer. Anyone know whether using these URLs is typically enforced (or even better, have a data point in the past day of buying without using the link)?
I missed the link in the offer; just went to dell.com. Made a purchase at 10 am PDT yesterday and had a "Great News!...you've used your offer" email from Amex by 3pm.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I had the same result above, everybody please post when you get the credit
Old Aug 4, 2020, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by OTPorBust
I had the same result above, everybody please post when you get the credit
It will go without that link. We used a cash back portal for our 4 $100-$120 purchases. I’ll pos when credited but it will be fine.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Marriott: $50/$200, exp. 2020/09/21
Some exclusions:

However, similar offers in the past worked for GC's purchased at hotel's front desk. If anyone should try the same with this offer, please report the results.
Does the $200+ have to be 1 stay or can it be 2 stays at say $100 each?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by zakami
Does the $200+ have to be 1 stay or can it be 2 stays at say $100 each?
single charge
Old Aug 5, 2020, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
got this too, but strangely only on my Platinum card and NOT on my Marriott Bonvoy one ...
This showed up on my Bonvoy Amex now when it was showing on all my other cards at first.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 5:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cab747
This showed up on my Bonvoy Amex now when it was showing on all my other cards at first.
Are you sure? I am seeing a problem on americanexpress.com where the graphic used for a Marriott card is replacing the graphic used for one of my other cards. The graphic floats from one card to another if I log out/in.

Last edited by mia; Aug 7, 2020 at 8:05 am
Old Aug 7, 2020, 7:45 am

Green Card

Spend $2500 get 2500 bonus MRP points. You can do this up to three times. You add the offer by a deadline in early 2021 and then have 90 days to complete the offer.

If you can figure a way to spend exactly $7500 this would be nice. For me if I can hit that spend close to exact this turns into a 2.5% cash back(ish) card when paired with Schwab.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by highops
Green Card
Spend $2500 get 2500 bonus MRP points. ...
This offer would be great if you spend a lot in the 3X categories, or can stack this with different offers. Otherwise it's simpler to use BBP at 2X.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
This offer would be great if you spend a lot in the 3X categories, or can stack this with different offers. Otherwise it's simpler to use BBP at 2X.
Sure- but I have not been worrying about travel points lately so my generic spend is at slightly less than 2.25%

I mostly buy non-bonused stuff on Freedom Unlimited (1.5 points per dollar) and redeem points at 1.5 cents each on Reserved. It's slightly less because I have to buy some things on Reserved in order to redeem them.

Now you might argue that having to monitor spending to stop near a multiple of $2500 to gain an extra 0.25% cash back is absolutely not worth it, but everyone needs a hobby.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by highops
Green Card

Spend $2500 get 2500 bonus MRP points. You can do this up to three times. You add the offer by a deadline in early 2021 and then have 90 days to complete the offer.

If you can figure a way to spend exactly $7500 this would be nice. For me if I can hit that spend close to exact this turns into a 2.5% cash back(ish) card when paired with Schwab.
i got a weaker offer on the vanilla Plat and Everyday cards.

2000 MR for $3500 in spend.

I think there are currently better ways for me to assign my spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.