Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX business card primary user - can 2 people each have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Wasn't quite sure how to title this. P2 just opened a Hilton business card - however she accidently did while logged into my profile. It was approved. They did not ask for an EIN number when done under mine, although there is one and it is a legit business. It was listed as a sole proprietor. I do not currently have any business cards under this name ( the prior day I applied under my name for the same card for my personal business...then referred her to the card....). So she logs out and into her account and applies for the card. She already has cards under this EIN and was asked to link it. She did and was then approved.

So my question is can we both have a card for a business that we own together (currently structured as a sole proprietor alhtough will change soon) that we are each the primary user on.

On a side note - 2 weeks ago tried applying and got the dreaded popup saying if she did apply she would not be eligible for the bonus even though she never had that card. Today no popup so applied.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:44 pm

You each can have a primary business card. Your business card application says you are personally responsible for your business card. You could also make your partner an additional care holder. Business cards nice for separating business from personal expenses but have less protections than a business card. Your accountant will like the clean break. You will like it fi you get audited. That said if you have the correct language in your company bylaws you can even use a personal card for business But where the danger comes is if you have a corporate vail and you charged in a lawsuit having personal and business combined could allow a piercing of your corporate veil. All of the aforementioned is worth what you paid for which is zero and could be wrong for many reasons including where you and your business reside.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Centurion
You each can have a primary business card. Your business card application says you are personally responsible for your business card. You could also make your partner an additional care holder. Business cards nice for separating business from personal expenses but have less protections than a business card. Your accountant will like the clean break. You will like it fi you get audited. That said if you have the correct language in your company bylaws you can even use a personal card for business But where the danger comes is if you have a corporate vail and you charged in a lawsuit having personal and business combined could allow a piercing of your corporate veil. All of the aforementioned is worth what you paid for which is zero and could be wrong for many reasons including where you and your business reside.
I understand business cards. Another way of stating it is we each applied for a business card as the primary user. There is nothing here about authorized users. Also, I was going to cancel, but AMEX approved it. It is obviously a great signup bonus of 130k points a free night cert that I will get max use out of. So if they approved it and I can make SUB, should I keep it? I doubt this deal comes back again anytime soon, plus I already used this offer yesterday on my other business. I just don't want AMEX to get mad and come back after it. Also I just realized that this will look like I self referred crap, I was trying to refer from me to her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.