Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt suites no longer available through FHR?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, GE/TSAPre
Hyatt suites no longer available through FHR?

Ive been planning a stay at the Park Hyatt Zanzibar and was looking at purchasing through FHR earlier this week. My plan had been to book one of the small suites, and the FHR price looked good.

I had held off on pulling the trigger and went back today - to my surprise FHR is now only showing standard rooms.

Anyone else seeing this sort of availability changes with Hyatt properties on FHR? Wondering if it’s a bug and I should wait a day or two or if it’s intentional on one side or the other and I should book elsewhere.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you tried calling PTS/CTS about the issue? Sometimes they can call the hotel and request availability for the room category (suite in this case) you want.

Alternatively, look at booking through Hyatt Prive. Those agents frequently have personal connections at properties, or can enlist a colleague who does.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Calling PTS is probably the next step - but I was hoping to get the 5x points which requires it be booked online and not PTS.

To be clear the rooms are available and listed when searching though Hyatt. Just not showing on FHR.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
AMEX sells different (i.e., more limited) inventory under FHR rates. If they're not offering suites for your nights, it's because AMEX no longer has suite inventory to sell.

There is no basis for drawing any broader conclusion about FHR generally.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks Kacee - I'm aware that the FHR rate is not the same inventory as the standard rates, but the suites had gone from available normally to not available at all throughout this year based on some spot checking. It looked like everything but basic rooms had been totally zeroed out which seemed like it had to be either a glitch or an active decision by Hyatt not to offer suites on the FHR rate.

In any case, as of this morning all the rooms were once again listed on all the dates I checked, so I'm going to chalk this up to a temporary inventory glitch or readjustment.

All good now. On the other hand, Hyatt's site is now erroring on any attempt to price out rooms so - good 48 hours all around for trying to make any Hyatt reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.