Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Platinum (USA) Dell benefit.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:02 am

IME, it requires calling in to Dell - typically a 20-30 minute phone call. I haven't had luck using their online chat.

Worth noting, price match and coupon codes cannot be combined. You have to pick one or the other. Amex promos are still used, but those are not a coupon applied to the order.

​​​​​​

Originally Posted by Visconti
Thanks for the reminder! I always forget to do this. Is it something easy to request? Online, or call in? Or, is something where I have submit screen shots and all that stuff?
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
For those of you who placed orders totaling between $200 - $215 and got 10% back + $200 back thus total credit was more than the original amount (i.e. $215 order gets $221.50 credit = $21.50 10% credit + $200 dell credit), were there any past experiences with claw backs to take back the overage amount, however nominal it may be? Or did Amex just let it go. I'm wondering if I should have made sure to order ~$225 to avoid that issue.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
For those of you who placed orders totaling between $200 - $215 and got 10% back + $200 back thus total credit was more than the original amount (i.e. $215 order gets $221.50 credit = $21.50 10% credit + $200 dell credit), were there any past experiences with claw backs to take back the overage amount, however nominal it may be? Or did Amex just let it go. I'm wondering if I should have made sure to order ~$225 to avoid that issue.
No clawbacks. Spend $200, you end up getting paid $20 to keep your $200 item. Been that way since the beginning (as long as they've had the Dell credit & the 10% offer).
friedablass likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
No clawbacks. Spend $200, you end up getting paid $20 to keep your $200 item. Been that way since the beginning (as long as they've had the Dell credit & the 10% offer).
Last time I had this card in 2019 they clawed back the extra money everyone made off the 10 percent several months later. It showed up as a charge from amex platinum dell benefit.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by factory81
IME, it requires calling in to Dell - typically a 20-30 minute phone call. I haven't had luck using their online chat.

Worth noting, price match and coupon codes cannot be combined. You have to pick one or the other. Amex promos are still used, but those are not a coupon applied to the order.

​​​​​​
I think dell lets you request a price match as long as its within 30 days of when you placed your order and they will refund you the difference. Make sure you are prepared with an exact link to send the rep, and according to dell price match policy it must be sold and shipped by any major retailer they will not price match 3rd party sellers.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by esaphire3
Last time I had this card in 2019 they clawed back the extra money everyone made off the 10 percent several months later. It showed up as a charge from amex platinum dell benefit.
Do we have more DPs on this? I was never charged.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:31 am

Programs: SW-A list preferred , Alaska -MVP Gold , Marriott - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond , Hyatt - Diamond
Been away from this game for an eternity . Few of us had previously formed a private group which died a natural death . If folks are still interested In pursuing this , happy to collaborate . HMU
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Do we have more DPs on this? I was never charged.
I was hit with the petty clawback as well. Also in 2019 timeframe. I've "overpaid" since then so I don't know if it's still happening or not.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:20 pm
FT

Never been clawed back from me over the past 3 years, FWIW.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Sorry, but this is a very long thread. I just got my Business Platinum. I have already enrolled in the Dell credit. I'm assuming I just need to buy something for a grand total of $200 from Dell, and then I'll get the credit back? Like I don't need to do anything else? I know today is already December 29th. I hope there is still enough time for the credit to post in my account.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by lsquare
Sorry, but this is a very long thread. I just got my Business Platinum. I have already enrolled in the Dell credit. I'm assuming I just need to buy something for a grand total of $200 from Dell, and then I'll get the credit back? Like I don't need to do anything else? I know today is already December 29th. I hope there is still enough time for the credit to post in my account.
You need to make sure it ships before the end of the year as they charge once it ships.
i got the
August Wi-Fi Smart Lock
with price adjustment just under $200 w/o tax (but tax is getting reimbursed too).
otherwise just order printer paper and other things that you will need anyway (or an Amazon Echo or Bose Headphones or ….)
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: DL PM; AA Gold; Hyatt Globalist; HH D, Marriott Plat
any data points on if you go thru shopping portal, as opposed to Dell.com/amex?

Does the credit still post if you use a shopping portal (eg top cash back)?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by FishH2O
any data points on if you go thru shopping portal, as opposed to Dell.com/amex?

Does the credit still post if you use a shopping portal (eg top cash back)?
Yes never had a problem with my credit going through Rakuten
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:28 pm

Any chance of getting the credit if you forgot to enroll before the charge?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by planetmans
Any chance of getting the credit if you forgot to enroll before the charge?
You will find out. Btw they charge once they ship not at order time
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.