Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX (USA) FHR Hotels not bookable online?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:21 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Offer the same 3rd/4th night free rates as FHR, and I'll be interested.
There are 100s of these types of promos out there.... Four Seasons, Mandarin, Ritz, Stariott.
I booked one today even for a Thompson Hotel in New York and a Montage in California
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Ambassador, Silvercar
I wanted to book something for Thanksgiving in NYC, but with FHR offline, and me traveling outside the US, I couldn't spend time on the phone running rates and dates. I also can't book for other cities. Also, you can't cancel existing reservations online. Bottom line, they have pretty much bricked the site. I don't know that was possible to operate like that in today's world.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I really hope that the reason most of FHR hotels are off line is not that they rushed to introduce online booking 5x bonus causing them not to be able to show rates online.

I dont want to waste time on the phone to check rates
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by SP03
I really hope that the reason most of FHR hotels are off line is not that they rushed to introduce online booking 5x bonus causing them not to be able to show rates online.

I dont want to waste time on the phone to check rates
Hotels not showing have not come to terms with Amex on the new structure. It sounds like it's not so much a technical issue as a financial one, which is way worse because there is essentially no time table. FHR is useless for the foreseeable future imo. I'd rather get 1X and have the ability to book online personally.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cmginc
....I don't know that was possible to operate like that in today's world.
Outside North America the usual way to book FHR rooms is by telephone. Online booking was added in the USA ~2010.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dan327
Hotels not showing have not come to terms with Amex on the new structure. It sounds like it's not so much a technical issue as a financial one, which is way worse because there is essentially no time table. FHR is useless for the foreseeable future imo. I'd rather get 1X and have the ability to book online personally.
Exactly. 5x is nice, but not at the expense of online booking.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by dan327
I agree. I ended up using LHR for the first time the other day. I have more travel coming up in the next few days and weeks so I hope FHR will be up by then.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is getting really old.

I see now that the website is distinguishing between properties that are sold out, and those you have to call to book. If this is the new normal, it's going to change my booking patterns.
JHake10, JetAway and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:06 am

FHR now basically useless. Platinum Lounges are overcrowded and food quality is dropping. Fewer reasons for me to keep the pricey Platinum Card.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
I just tried to make a booking at a Four Seasons hotel for January. I called the Platinum line, but the 5th night free that FS was offering was not available through FHR, increasing the average nightly rate by over $200.

I hung up and got with a FSPP travel agent to get the full benefits (better actually, as the $100 credit is for F&B not Spa), and the free night.

I then used my Chase Sapphire card for the deposit to get 3X points (and likely at checkout too)

This might not be working the way American Express was expecting
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:51 pm

classictravel.com for self service virtuoso bookings
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I just went through a big hassle changing an FHR reservation at the Kahala. First I called the number on the reservation. That got me to AMEX online travel services. Worthless waste of time with an agent who was barely literate.

So I just canceled my existing reservation, and used the Platinum Travel Services chat function to rebook for new dates. It was really slow. The agent had to call the property to check availability. Apparently their online systems are down, too. This would basically not have worked at all if I had not already known the property and room type I wanted to book.

I mentioned frustration at inability to book FHR online. Agent said they are working on upgrades, and ability to book online will be restored. No timeline for restoration. My suspicion is they've run into some kind of major IT snag.

Oh, and there's no option to get the 5x points booking through an agent.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:12 am

Has this been resolved? I did a dummy booking that took me all the way to the billing page using the Canadian site.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by flyme2
Has this been resolved?
No.

Online is only available for some small subset of locations (including Singapore).
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyme2
....using the Canadian site.
To my knowledge this problem does not affect FHR Canada, because Canadian Platinum does not include the 5 point per dollar prepaid hotel feature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.