Wiki Posts
Search

Linking Corp Green Card to Personal Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Linking Corp Green Card to Personal Card

My company issues me a Corp Green card and allows me to enroll in MR program and per 1 ppd. I just learned about the linking of Corp and Personal Amex cards. My main purchases are hotels (Marriott), restaurants, and rental cars. Once or twice a month I spend between $5,000 - $15,000 on a large purchase that doesn't really fall into any Amex bonus categories. I'm considering linking a personal card to my corp green card, so that when I swipe my green card for biz expenses (required by company). I have a few questions:

1. Will my company be aware I've done this?
2. A friend of mine has the same card but his company doesn't allow him to earn points. Can he use this method to get around that? Is it possible to get the annual MR free on his corp card charged to his personal card?
3. Do you think the Amex Gold is my best bet?

I really wish there was a way to earn the bonus Marriott points from the SPG Amex but I have to pay with my Amex green card.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by paulsalem
....considering linking a personal card to my corp green card, so that when I swipe my green card for biz expenses (required by company). ....
If I understand correctly, you are currently earning one point per dollar when you pay with the Corporate card. What is it that you are expecting to happen differently after you link the cards?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
If I understand correctly, you are currently earning one point per dollar when you pay with the Corporate card. What is it that you are expecting to happen differently after you link the cards?
Depending on the card, I'll be able to earn more points per dollar. For example Gold card is 4x on restaurants. When I swipe my green card I'll earn 4x points instead of 1x. This is how the Amex reward lady explained it to me.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:08 pm
mia

Originally Posted by paulsalem
Depending on the card, I'll be able to earn more points per dollar. For example Gold card is 4x on restaurants. When I swipe my green card I'll earn 4x points instead of 1x. This is how the Amex reward lady explained it to me.
I do not believe this is correct. I think you will earn the Gold bonuses only if you pay with the Gold card. I would call again.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:18 pm
mia

There is an offer for Corporate cardholders discussed here:

$150 Annual Credit to Plat (for being a Corp card holder)
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
I do not believe this is correct. I think you will earn the Gold bonuses only if you pay with the Gold card. I would call again.
I've called twice and gotten similar answers: It has to be a MR earning card, it definitely can be a personal card, one rep (who really knew her stuff) said it could be a biz card as well.

Here is a reddit post about it too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.