Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Canadian International Airline Program (IAP) 2018 - Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian International Airline Program (IAP) 2018 - Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by mia
IAP should not apply to domestic or economy cabin flights.

Perhaps they have a separate agreement with Westjet, distinct from IAP?
In Canada, Westjet domestic has always been included in IAP.

For my use case above, it was because I was looking at E fare's according to the agent, but if I look at Premium Economy (R) no difference there either for my dates at least
mia likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K; BA Silver; Marriott Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
I spoke to an agent at the Platinum Travel Service recently when trying to price out some flights and trying to check the benefit of the IAP. It seems that generally the headline price is not materially better than what one can find from other sources, but she told me that most the IAP fares are refundable.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by alifesjourneys
I spoke to an agent at the Platinum Travel Service recently when trying to price out some flights and trying to check the benefit of the IAP. It seems that generally the headline price is not materially better than what one can find from other sources, but she told me that most the IAP fares are refundable.
That's pretty disappointing. If one have US cards, can we purchase IAP fares out of major Canadian cities like YVR, YYZ, and YUL?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
....If one have US cards....
There is a separate thread for discussion of the USA version>

USA International Airline Program (IAP) relaunched as discount benefit (2017).

Travel must originate in and return to U.S. gateway (may exclude certain overseas territories) and select Canadian gateways.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:27 pm

Completely annoyed at their bait-n-switch pricing. Just tried to book a flight that was showing $86 cheaper via AMEX site, great! Bur then click through to purchase and oh look, "price has gone up" to exactly what AC offers.

But it does now show the banner indicating Air Canada is a partner ... just with zero benefit. Still same non-refundable fare.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I wonder if the International Air Program will see an uptick now that lots of Canadian Mileage Plus members are looking to diversity their spending after the end of international exemptions for elite levels based on program spending? I know that I have been checking out the Amex travel site more since last week.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by transportprof
I wonder if the International Air Program will see an uptick now that lots of Canadian Mileage Plus members are looking to diversity their spending after the end of international exemptions for elite levels based on program spending? I know that I have been checking out the Amex travel site more since last week.
I did some search but found virtually nothing (out of YVR)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.