Wiki Posts
Search

psa: new amex security feature, not able to login

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
psa: new amex security feature, not able to login

amex now requires the last 4 of ur ss to login, however for both my spouse and i it isnt recognized. was told this is a known issue and that the agent openened a ticket which will take 48hrs to fix.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:13 pm

Not sure exactly what you mean. To log in to your account on americanexpress.com? I just logged in to our accounts with no SSN - just the same username and password as always.
AAExpDFW likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
perhaps its being rolled out in phases...after i login it asks for the last 4 of my ss now
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:33 am

I just logged in to all biz and personal amex accounts, including AU accounts and wasn't asked to input social.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Just logged in - not required.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
I've been unable to login from the website for about 2 weeks now - I've called multiple times, and each time the agent confirms that my account isn't locked or anything and keeps telling me it's a "technical issue."

It's still working fine from the app, but I wonder if it's related?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.