Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Appreciation Gift

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by Drewm33
Got $100 code for tataharperskincare.com today. Let wife use it for a $95 floral mask cream.

Same- Purchased a hydrating oil for $115. Given that my wife and I have quite the skincare regimen, I figured it was worth a flyer.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by YClass
I got some tea and coffee.....
Originally Posted by phant0m
I'd be down for some nice tea/coffee vs. a gift card at somewhere I don't shop.
I believe YClass's card is issued in the UK. The USA "gifts" are a marketing program. These gift cards are not from American Express, they are distributed by American Express on behalf of merchants who try to target prospects rather than existing customers.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I got a bill today. That's about it.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
Received two Italian Crystal champagne glasses from Tiffany. Great presentation. Came 2nd day air UPS.
"Thank you for making American Express a part of your life for the last half-century"
I was impressed!
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
I'd be down for some nice tea/coffee vs. a gift card at somewhere I don't shop.
same here. I looked at Christofle online and a silver plated baby spoon was priced at the card level. Better than nothing but not much.

Maybe an Amex gift exchange?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Uk and I got a random art print. Not very useful. Prob not expensive either.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
same here. I looked at Christofle online and a silver plated baby spoon was priced at the card level. Better than nothing but not much.

Maybe an Amex gift exchange?
I picked up a pair of crystal glasses at Cristofle. Not as bad of a gift as I first thought when I got the gc. Would've been nicer if they let me get it online... but at least I was traveling and stayed within walking distance to one. They didn't even try to upsell me into anything more expensive. Lady knew all about the Amex gcs and was happy to help me find something under $200.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:15 pm

Was a pretty good year in terms of gifts.

October my relationship manager sent me a pair of Master & Dynamic MW65 headphones.

Early December I got a Simon Pearce ice bucket and a bottle of bubbles from Iron Horse in Sonoma. (this was more of a canned gift I'm assuming)

Total value probably $800~ USD.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:39 pm

37 years and still nothing but a bill each month.
DJ_Iceman and dpb132 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:36 pm

Nothing this year. Member for 18 years. One time I got a gift card for Dry Bar for an amount that didn’t cover even the cheapest service. Maybe it was $40? And there was a disclaimer saying that it wouldn’t cover tax and gratuity. Nothing in my spend would indicate that this is something I would have been interested in. So lame. Nothing since else since.

Now that Tiffany gift card would have been something! There are a few things I’m eyeing. Help me out here, Amex.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I got the equivalent of a piece of coal in my stocking
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by a_hm156
plat member and have never received a gift. Can folks who HAVE received a gift card also include:

1) Their Location ( it seems like alot of ppl are from the NYC area?)
2) Your settings under the account communication preferences ( allowing third party communications? etc.)
Received John Hardy $250 gift card no min purchase necessary.
Location - Orange County CA
Communication settings - Default/All Active
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by gnomie
I got the equivalent of a piece of coal in my stocking
I didn't even get that. In fact, I'm pretty sure USPS lost this month's Amex bill last week...

I did get a few Visa GCs from family members though. Maybe Amex somehow sensed that and went sulking off to a corner.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I called Amex to inquire as to why some members get great appreciation gifts and others seem to be forgotten. The representative was extremely helpful and told me that even though all my account settings are set to receive marketing/promotions, on her end she can somehow indicate that I am really interested.

Let's see what happens - fingers crossed.

She did ask to confirm my email address so I hope that I am not inundated with junk
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gnomie
I called Amex to inquire as to why some members get great appreciation gifts and others seem to be forgotten.
These gifts are paid marketing placements. You (and I) do not meet the advertisers' criteria.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.