Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

SMS Text Amex Concierge Centurion/Platinum Service Discontinued

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMS Text Amex Concierge Centurion/Platinum Service Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion (US), Delta Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Thumbs down SMS Text Amex Concierge Centurion/Platinum Service Discontinued

As of Monday, April 16, 2018, "Text AMEX Concierge", a nice perk for targeted Centurion Card and Platinum Card users has ceased service. Texting them returns an auto-reply "Text AMEX is no longer available; please contact Concierge via email or phone by calling the number on the back of your card. We look forward to assist you!"

I first received an invite to the service at the end of 2012 and it was a major perk for me: instant responses without needing to make a call vs 8 hour response times for email (even Centurion customers).

Another devaluation of the benefits for Centurion members (and Platinum)

Auto-Response from Amex Concierge
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:40 am

As more and more companies embrace technology and time saving methods Amex takes a step back...........
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by sdix
As more and more companies embrace technology and time saving methods Amex takes a step back...........
They also have the app "Ask Amex", which seems to still be working.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:07 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Ask Amex works well for most mundane tasks. It uses AI/bots for things like restaurant reservations but also has real people as a backup to make phone calls.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Concierge by SMS was the one method that made sense for me. Now I will revert back to simply not using Concierge, as it just takes too long to call and go through all the authentication and "how are you today?" chit chat. Easier to just book things online myself. Two steps forward and one step back!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:59 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by infdaze
.... please contact Concierge via email or phone ...
Originally Posted by tangfish
.... takes too long to call and go through all the authentication and "how are you today?" chit chat....
Is email from a phone that much different from SMS?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:06 pm

That's a shame, I really used to like using it. Who calls anymore?
rickg523 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I was sadly never selected for the SMS or the AskAmex app. However, the email actually works pretty well for me.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:38 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

I believe you can use the app to talk to concierge now, no? I find the concierge mostly useless but I did use them to try to secure a table somewhere a few months back.

Obviously, they are trying to get more ROI on the Mezi acquisition so are going to probably push more things to AI chat
mdosu likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
I believe you can use the app to talk to concierge now, no? I find the concierge mostly useless but I did use them to try to secure a table somewhere a few months back.

Obviously, they are trying to get more ROI on the Mezi acquisition so are going to probably push more things to AI chat
Which app? I can call the concierge through Amex app, but I am still not able to log into Ask Amex. It says it's only open to a select group of pilot users.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:53 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SP03
Which app? I can call the concierge through Amex app, but I am still not able to log into Ask Amex. It says it's only open to a select group of pilot users.
The regular app. Right below the call options is ‘message us’. It then asks you to search for what you are requesting and options include “find tickets”, “dining reservations”, “find gifts and special items” etc among options related to servicing your account. If you select an option, it will start a chat conversation with Amex.

Not sure if everyone has access but I was not invited to the AskAmex pilot (as far as I know).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.