Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by miadukes
Gotcha, that would be a yes then. Well I haven't gotten the second email but I did get the first one saying that I got my free night coming. I upgraded the card when it came out from an Ascend product and my second statement just cut int he last few days.
Thank you for the data point! I have had this card open for a very long time and would rather not close it and then apply for a new product, so I will go ahead and upgrade my Ascend to the Aspire.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, Ihg, Delta, Iberia, American, Southwest
Still did not get the second email, I just got the one from amex......
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by trebol42
Still did not get the second email, I just got the one from amex......
It took 5 days for me between emails. You hit the min spend in Feb but when did your 1st (and 2nd?) statements close? My guess is you'll see it soon.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, Ihg, Delta, Iberia, American, Southwest
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
It took 5 days for me between emails. You hit the min spend in Feb but when did your 1st (and 2nd?) statements close? My guess is you'll see it soon.
I did my spending in the 1 statement. I cannot wait to use that night in Hawai.........
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trebol42
I did my spending in the 1 statement. I cannot wait to use that night in Hawai.........
The free night is not tied to the spending requirement for the bonus. You can squander the bonus opportunity completely and get the free night cert. As others have pointed out, you'll need to wait a few days after your second statement closes. I also met the spend before my first statement closed, but haven't gotten an email yet like those who applied a month earlier than me.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thank you all for the info. My second statement closes April 10. Now I know to wait until after that date for the emails about free night cert.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I upgraded a couple of ascend cards to aspire in feb. No free nights so far. I'm not even sure that the free nights will post for the upgraded cards. I will update if that happnes
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
6 days later (today) got my free weekend night from aspire. Finally!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I upgraded a couple of ascend cards to aspire in feb. No free nights so far. I'm not even sure that the free nights will post for the upgraded cards. I will update if that happnes
Mine was an upgraded Ascend card and I just got my second email today (the one with the actual certificate number). The first email came after the cut of my second statement.
DaveH and trivea like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Got my second email this AM, 1 week after the first. Also came right after 2nd statement. Note that the first email goes to the email address you have on file with Amex, second to the email on file with Honors.
Booked a room at the new Reyjkavik Konsulat Curio Collection for this summer no problem.
DaveH likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by miadukes
Mine was an upgraded Ascend card and I just got my second email today (the one with the actual certificate number). The first email came after the cut of my second statement.
This is an extremely helpful data point, thank you.

It contradicts what I was told by multiple CSRs. I don't have any problem believing that they are wrong given your experience.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by DaveH

It contradicts what I was told by multiple CSRs. I don't have any problem believing that they are wrong given your experience.
What were you told my CSRs? To be more specific, I had the free card last year, upgraded to the Ascend sometime in the last quarter of last year, got my 100k bonus for that upgrade and then when the Aspire came out, my account showed the upgrade button and i DID NOT HESITATE!! LOL
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveH

That's strange. I spoke with a couple of CSRs about bonuses and standard benefits and all confirmed that on an upgrade, everything beside the 100k point bonus was available, including the free night certificate. One CSR told me that sometime in the future, they will start offering bonus points for upgrades as well, but not on a brand new product.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Got my free night, 5 days between the 2 emails. Booked my hawai hotel without no problem. I love this card!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Anyone still inside of their first statement willing to test if they can speed up the certificate process by chatting with Amex to get your statement closing date for the next billing cycle moved up a few weeks? This would close the second statement shortly after the first. I'm already into my second statement, so any changes I make now would be for the third statement forward. Otherwise I would be testing this myself. Just make sure you're not hurting your bonus points by doing this. I don't believe it would, since Amex awards bonus points when the goal is reached within 90 days, rather than by when your statement closes.

Last edited by hyperzulu; Apr 5, 2018 at 2:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.