Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free weekend night for Aspire Hilton credit card not honored?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:00 pm

Please update when you do receive the free night cert.

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:47 pm

everybody better take screenshots and copies of the TC. theres going to be clear disagreement. my new card TC materials doesnt say jack about opening year free night. nor doesnt it say anything about 100k either. i suspect its gonna end up being a duel. we can all hope for the auto post, but TBD. its a totally new product.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-0#offer-terms

also, anyone else surprised a $450 AF card just came is a plain white envelope? nothing like amex plat or CSR? thats odd. at least make the HH card metal then! btw, never got the amex delta reserve $450 AF card. i cant find DP on the packaging. is it also just in a plain white envelope? im curious.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Well the free night is posted all over their marketing materials, it would be pretty hard to cal it a mistake and backtrack.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the DL AmExReserve card doesn't include fancy packaging for $450.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
everybody better take screenshots and copies of the TC. theres going to be clear disagreement. my new card TC materials doesnt say jack about opening year free night. nor doesnt it say anything about 100k either. i suspect its gonna end up being a duel. we can all hope for the auto post, but TBD. its a totally new product.

also, anyone else surprised a $450 AF card just came is a plain white envelope? nothing like amex plat or CSR? thats odd. at least make the HH card metal then! btw, never got the amex delta reserve $450 AF card. i cant find DP on the packaging. is it also just in a plain white envelope? im curious.
The Delta Reserve comes in an envelope in a small cardboard box in a big cardboard shipping envelope. All the environmental waste, none of the wow.

Last edited by highops; Feb 9, 2018 at 12:35 pm Reason: Made it clear what it was
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I was approved for the card today and the terms still reflect the original language regarding the free night.

Slightly OT, but my Hilton account reflected Diamond status about an hour after approval!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC the DL AmExReserve card doesn't include fancy packaging for $450.
Originally Posted by highops
The Delta Reserve comes in an envelope in a small cardboard box in a big cardboard shipping envelope. All the environmental waste, none of the wow.
appreciate the response. at least the DL Reserve came in some form of environmental waste packaging. my HH Aspire came in a white envelope only. little surprised, so i thought they forgot to include something, hence my post. not even anything about 100k welcome bonus after 4k MSR either.

Originally Posted by moe8555
I was approved for the card today and the terms still reflect the original language regarding the free night.
the TC you are referring to is on the website when you apply. im talking about the TC that comes in the mail with your card. at least for me, i got nothing about the free night being immediate upon opening the CC. and when you call the CSR they will tell you that ur crazy. hence my suggestion to keep a copy of the TC online for ur FYI because its very clear you get a free night in 8-12 weeks upon approval.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Does anybody know what happens regarding the AF if we cancel the card?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Bye Bye pro-rated Annual Fee refunds (USA), September 2016, exceptions reported.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
Does anybody know what happens regarding the AF if we cancel the card?
yea. and this thread too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...efunds_of_the/
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by GundamWing01

The T&C never mention a bonus for getting the card as those change all the time. Those are in the offer terms you can see online.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:54 pm

FYI. just got off the phone with amex. looks like some do know about the free night upon CC approval. thats a good sign. Its also good that they have a dedicated HH team support now, but ur gonna have to call during the day or you will be routed overseas. anyway, the free night will come in the form of a coupon code which u have to call in to redeem and the email will be directly from HH. who knows how reality is tho. TBD.
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:14 pm

anyway, the free night will come in the form of a coupon code which u have to call in to redeem and the email will be directly from HH. who knows how reality is tho. TBD.
This sounds exactly the same process as for hilton reserve weekend certs. You'll need to find standard award availability first on hilton website to be able to successfully use this cert by calling in. Good luck if this is a high demand place which get award space swiped up when it opens up.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
This sounds exactly the same process as for hilton reserve weekend certs. You'll need to find standard award availability first on hilton website to be able to successfully use this cert by calling in. Good luck if this is a high demand place which get award space swiped up when it opens up.
yea pretty much. will see whats reality when these things come thru.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Hi guys,

I posted this question in the other thread about the two new cards so I apologize as my question would be better posted here.

Has anyone had any updates with regards to the free night code? I have a trip in April and am thinking of getting the card. Would like to take advantage of the free night cert but would like to know if you actually need to wait 8 to 14 weeks for the code.

Would be grateful for any feedback.

Thanks ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.