Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2018 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
Is the personal centurian worth it now>
Have had for 15 years. Good : 2 of 3 daughters < age 15 got free platinum cards and had to pay for third,
Perks have dropped. Not much more than platinum
European Cent seem to get more free gifts
Now there are two groups of centurian card holders, one get dedicated person for all help.. I think they are expanding it.
Ritz (not offered now) had a metal black card via Chase which offered much of what Cent did at much less cost.
I would hope that AmEx eliminates guest for plat cart holders at their clubs which have become way overcrowded. That would be a bene to keep it
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
Smile

Originally Posted by Music
I've been following this forum for a couple years now. It seems like the European standards are faaaar easier than the USA standards.

Here's where I am: AMEX member since 2006
I have an AMEX Mercedes Platinum (will be discontinued in January and switched to normal Plat)
I have an AMEX Business Platinum

I have around 3,000,000 points, spent $676k on personal this year and $205k on business this year. $40k is on luxury travel (personal) and I purchased a couple $200k cars at Mercedes.That's pretty consistent for the last several years. Credit score of 790, zero debt. I live in the most affluent city in my state where the median income census average is $170k/year for the city. I'm well connected with celebrities, sit on two nationwide philanthropic boards, and my name is easily searchable/readily available through google.

I've requested a notation for a centurion invite three different times especially because most of my clients and friends have one, no dice.

There you have it folks. You'd think I'm a prime guy for Centurion, but clearly not.
hey music. are you single?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Zurick
Have had for 15 years.
Do you have a Swiss Centurion or the International Euro/Dollar version, or another?

Last edited by mia; Dec 30, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:10 pm

Do people mainly want the black card for status?
I mean it doesn’t really offer any extraordinary perks for the cost.

Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:16 pm
mia

Originally Posted by dreamspeed
The fees and benefits vary by market. Which country are you referring to?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The fees and benefits vary by market. Which country are you referring to?
US
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
Do you have a Swiss Centurion or the International Euro/Dollar version, or another?
Originally had American as based in NYC. Now Swiss. Only difference that I can see is that I get an add'n plastic card for partner and more "gifts" than my american colleagues
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dreamspeed
Do people mainly want the black card for status?
The limo and VIP lane at Geneva airport is worth it
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:40 am

No, not single.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:41 am

There are a few perks that are of value to me:

Delta elevated status
Centurion pass through at Heathrow (and a few other airports)
1.5 MR rebate
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:26 am
mia

Originally Posted by Zurick
....Now Swiss. Only difference that I can see is that I get an add'n plastic card for partner and more "gifts" than my american colleagues
If I understand correctly, Swiss American Express cards are issued under license by a bank, and some Swiss Centurion cardholders think it provides much less value than the cards issued directly by American Express in other markets:

Swiss Centurion Customers Unite & Protest!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:35 am
Suspended

I think amex is a bank in the us but not a european bank so cards have to issued by a european bank
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:16 am
mia

American Express issues cards directly in several European countries. (In many countries American Express issues both charge and credit cards directly -and- banks issue credit cards under license.)

I see that in Switzerland they are issued by a joint venture:

American Express® Cards, issued in Switzerland by Swisscard AECS GmbH

Swisscard AECS AG, a joint venture between Credit Suisse and American Express ®, ....is also responsible for maintaining and expanding the network of acceptance points for American Express in Switzerland.
In any event, it is interesting that you seem relatively satisfied with the Swiss version of Centurion, while the other thread expresses much dissatisfaction.

Last edited by mia; Jan 1, 2019 at 8:29 am
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

New thread started for 2019:

2019 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.