Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Business Gold Rewards, bonus offer with no language re: previous cardholders?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

I just got a targeted offer for an AmEx Business Gold Rewards card w/75,000-pt signup bonus, 5k min spend. I looked -- twice -- and didn't see any language restricting the bonus to non-previous holders of the card.

Applied online using offer code, again read the T&Cs without seeing any "current or previous cardholder" language. Got approved instantly.

Am I missing something? Has AmEx changed its policies about once-in-a-lifetime bonus for a card?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wideman
... Has AmEx changed its policies about once-in-a-lifetime bonus for a card?
No. You have received a targeted offer without the exclusion. This isn't a mistake and it isn't rare.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
I currently have amex gold biz, for about 6 months. recently got mail offer for same card without signup bonus language.

anyone have this before? can I close or convert my biz card and then sign up through RSVP code to get bonus?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:18 am

I just got a targeted offer for an AmEx Business Gold Rewards card w/75,000-pt signup bonus, 5k min spend. I looked -- twice -- and didn't see any language restricting the bonus to non-previous holders of the card.

Applied online using offer code, again read the T&Cs without seeing any "current or previous cardholder" language. Got approved instantly.

Am I missing something? Has AmEx changed its policies about once-in-a-lifetime bonus for a card?
Did everything go smoothly for you. I recently got the same offer with no previous cardholder language. I had the card in 2016 but this targeted offer that I received in mail doesnt seem to have any previous cardholder language.

I also have same offer under AmEx offers online but that has previous cardholder language.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vm81
Did everything go smoothly for you....
Yes. The day after I met the $5k threshold, 75K points showed up in my MR account.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:21 pm

Yes. The day after I met the $5k threshold, 75K points showed up in my MR account.
Thanks for letting me know. I will go ahead with it...
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:23 pm

Could someone with a recent app chime in on whether these 75K's provide an instant credit card number right after the online app? I have a chunk of spending coming up on Monday and found a 75K mailer ... this would be very helpful considering Amex doesn't like inorganic spend to reach MSRs anymore. Thanks for the input!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:11 pm

Any tips how to get targeted for the Business Gold $5000 spend/75K sign up bonus without previous cardholder restriction? I had this card 5 years ago and would like to get it again because I like Amex & MR program, but want to close my platinum now that they have upped the AF to $550. That is just more than I can swallow, even with the benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.