Wait or open new card/s?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Wait or open new card/s?

Hey,

I currently carry:

6 personal none fee cards
1 personal fee card (blue cash preferred)

Then I also have two business cards:

ink cash
ink cash business preferred

too many?

I am planning to close the ink preferred next year and open a sapphire reserve which hopefully will have 100k points bonus when I do (or if it gets it before I will open before)....

I am also going to open soon the new amax business blue plus (right name??). No way for those 20k points anymore on this one right? love that it has no fee and 2 points on all. Will make it my go to for everything not category.

Then I want to get a card from amax with big promo.. maybe the business gold who has the fee waived first year and 50k points...? thoughts?

Should I wait? is there a time of the year when bigger promotions are more likely?

Trying to plan my best course of action..
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Don’t hold your breathe for 100k on the CSR. Likely will never come back based on Chase comments.

You should determine your goals before randomly opening cards for bonuses. Do you want cash? Hotel stays? Free flights? Economy or premium classes?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Being that we are now 3 (my wife, myself, and our 2 years old) I guess mostly economy classes - free....

Still kicking myself for not opening the CSR when it had that 100k. Still seems like the best card to hold out of the three chase cards that give you access to partner transfer. so if it won't get it again - I will take the 50k .
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
How about the Gold or Platinum Delta Skymiles Business cards? Since Delta is AMEX's only domestic transfer partner you might as well score an extra 10-20K miles at no additional cost.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PassengerPoldberg
...Delta is AMEX's only domestic transfer partner...
There are also: Jet Blue, Hawaiian, Virgin America.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by mia
There are also: Jet Blue, Hawaiian, Virgin America.
My apologies, I was just thinking of the "Big 3" domestic carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.