Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best way to get to Europe using Membership Rewards (Canada) points (Aeroplan sucks).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to get to Europe using Membership Rewards (Canada) points (Aeroplan sucks).

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMX CENT

Hey everyone- its been a while since I booked anything on Aeroplan - I have about 250K in Amex Points that I would like to use to get to Europe (Greece and Italy) in either Business or First Class for my 20th wedding anniversary.

Last time I used aeroplan business class was 80K. Now its more like 110K.

Anyone have an idea what other programs I can use (by transferring miles) that would be better..

Would fly out of YYZ but could do BUF if needed.

I'm not looking to fly until June of next year but usually would have redeemed my points a year in advance to pick the best flights

Thanks as always!!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:04 am

Aeroplan doesn't suck, IF you know how to use it
but yes, Europe 1 from 90K to 110K now sucks
That's why I do Mini-RTW so I can visit Europe and Asia 1 in one go (75K economy or 150K Business return)

Give my thread a read
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...demptions.html

No First class to Europe besides LH (= $$$$ tax/fees)
I'd recommend TK on YYZ-IST-ATH/Italy, and look into LX/SN/UA alternatives as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.