Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:41 am

Hotel: Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, Tucson, AZ
Booking: Booked 5 nights, 4th night free FHR promo, pay at Hotel, net $190/night (plus taxes and resort fees)
Room booked: 1 King Bed, Patio (Ventana) - this was the base room when booking
Upgrade: Grand Skyline/Mountain View King bed (at least I think this is what I got - this based on looking at the room descriptions and comparing with my room). This was on the top floor, I believe a 2-category upgrade.
Early Checkin: Didn't use, arrived after normal check-in time
Late Checkout: Offered to me at check-in; told them I likely would not need it, but they said the room is mine until 4pm either way
Breakfast Credit: Free breakfast for two, at either of two locations - not sure if there was a limit, was just me and I used between $15-25/day
Credits:$100 Property credit, used on dinner in lounge, drinks in lounge multiple nights, and golf pro shop charges
Comment: I really enjoyed my stay here, fantastic service from literally every staff member I interacted with. The FHR rate was also cheaper than booking direct for my dates, so all in all this worked out great.
EqualOpp and UVU Wolverine like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by theranj
Fairmont Chateau Whistler

Stayed: May 26 - 27 2018
Upgrade: Booked "Fairmont Room - Upper Village Room" to "Fairmont Room - Slopeside Room" - meaning same room as previously booked but better view...we did get the corner room so very quiet and potentially slightly bigger than other rooms
Early Check-in: Arrived to hotel at ~2:30 PM. Told that upgraded room was available for immediate check-in as of 12 PM
Late Check-out: Offered for 4 PM, asked for 2 PM check-out
Breakfast: Full buffet breakfast for two - priced at $35 per person so $70 credit; this buffet was spectacular
Amenity: $100 USD Food and Beverage credit, which with the hotel exchange rate was $123 CDN. Used for drinks at the pool and dinner at one of the hotel restaurants
Premium Internet: Free for everyone.

Other freebies: "Free Internet" which is already a hotel perk

Front desk, all restaurant staff provided excellent service...I have another FHR reservation here in August
Anyone stayed at Whistler more recently?​​​​​​​
Old Mar 27, 2021, 12:15 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Four Seasons Lana'i (Sensei)

Does anyone have experience regarding upgrades and other property amenities received at either of the FS resorts on the island of Lana'i?

Many thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:01 pm

Hotel: Mandarin Oriental Miami
Room: Deluxe Bay View
Check-in: Arrived around 12:30 and room was available for check in
Upgrade: Not specifically offered. I did check just prior to arrival and saw that the next level room ("Veranda deluxe") was not available online for our dates.
Late Checkout: Confirmed and used.
Breakfast Credit: $60 per day. Not positive, but I believe credit could be used to cover gratuity.
Amenity:$100 property credit. Also had a special offer of an additional $300 property credit. At check-in, the the $300 bonus credit was confirmed and I was told that the usual $100 amenity was for spa services only. At check out, the $60/day for breakfast and the $300 property credit were already credited to my bill. I commented that the FHR website for the hotel listed the special amenity as a "Property Credit" and not a spa only credit which we did not use. While she did reiterate that it is intended to be used for spa services only, she was kind enough to apply the additional $100 credit to my account for food and beverage.
Comment: Nice property. Service was very good. COVID precautions seemingly followed. Would definitely stay again.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by martial
The Roosevelt, Waldorf Astoria, New Orleans
Stayed Monday - Thursday
Upgrade:
Booked a superior king bed, upgraded to a king suite on the 12th floor.
Early Check-in: Arrived at 1:00pm and was able to check in to room.
Late Check-out: Took advantage of guaranteed 4:00pm check out.
Breakfast: $60 credit for use at either The Fountain Lounge or Teddy's Cafe. A caveat: On the second day of my stay, The Fountain Lounge was doing light kitchen renovations so they provided a buffet (which had a nice spread, including DYI Lox Bagels). The other days, I took full advantage of the $60 credit for breakfast
WiFi: Included
Amenity: $100 property credit, used at the gift shop for souvenirs.
Overall Experience: My first trip to New Orleans and The Roosevelt made it a memorable one. A lot of charm in the hotel and I enjoyed the upgraded room. Service with personal concierge was attentive and professional. The only downside I can think of was the bathroom was very small for a suite.
Originally Posted by illesus
The Roosevelt, Waldorf Astoria, New Orleans
Stayed Monday - Thursday
Upgrade:

2 nights stay. Book the same and received the same upgrade as a HH Diamond with FHR.
Early Check-in: Arrived late.
Late Check-out: Offered, but not used.
Breakfast: $60 credit for use at either The Fountain Lounge or Teddy's Cafe.
Amenity: Note that the US$ 100 credit cannot be used in Domenica italian restaurant or parking.
Overall Experience: Highly recommended. I like that the F&B, gift shop prices weren't exorbitant as in other FHR hotels. During the check-out I was reminded by the front-desk agent that I've got still $30 credit and recommended to go back shopping to the gift shop!
Thanks for sharing! Comparing this location versus the nearby Ritz-Carlton, but I can't find any FHR reports yet on the Ritz (unless I'm bad at searching).
Old Apr 16, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA
Andaz Maui - the one-class upgrade doesn't specifically "entitle" an upgrade from the highest tier non-suite room, to the entry-level (garden view) suite, but it can potentially be done if you play your cards right on check-in...

The once-phenomenal breakfast buffet has now been replaced with a daily breakfast credit at the restaurant -- due to COVID.

The property was super stickler about requiring the AMEX to be used for incidentals- I wasn't able to provide my Chase Sapphire to get 3x rewards (instead of just 1x rewards with the platinum). Is this an AMEX FHR requirement or the Andaz just making stuff up? Any suggestions of ways around this? I could probably have paid with my Chase card every time I ordered a drink, but that's super annoying. Maybe I could have tried changing the incidentals credit card half way through the stay?
Old Apr 16, 2021, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DoctorORD
The once-phenomenal breakfast buffet has now been replaced with a daily breakfast credit at the restaurant -- due to COVID.
When was this? We were there last week and the buffet (very good) was the only breakfast option.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:02 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DoctorORD
The property was super stickler about requiring the AMEX to be used for incidentals- I wasn't able to provide my Chase Sapphire to get 3x rewards (instead of just 1x rewards with the platinum). Is this an AMEX FHR requirement or the Andaz just making stuff up? Any suggestions of ways around this? I could probably have paid with my Chase card every time I ordered a drink, but that's super annoying. Maybe I could have tried changing the incidentals credit card half way through the stay?
Definitely not just this property sadly - I've found it varies but is a relatively common requirement. Quite a pain for international travel as means I incur a 2.99% forex fee with the Plat, rather than being able to use one of my fee free credit cards. I have occasionally had luck switching card partway through the stay if you get lucky with the desk agent but variable. I think it's part of the FHR terms so they're allowed to insist on it, thankfully lots of places don't seem to mind though!
Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 747FC
Does anyone have experience regarding upgrades and other property amenities received at either of the FS resorts on the island of Lana'i?

Many thanks.
I've had better results with upgrades (and general recognition) at Four Seasons properties by going through a FSPP agent. I've used DavidO's company - they have a 'quick book' system that allows for minimal interaction to get the booking. At the Lanai property, this has paid off in noticeable ways - good upgrade, and also getting a last-minute restaurant booking at the time we wanted.

One problem I've had with FHR and Four Seasons is that every visit looked like my first one, as my email address was never sent with the booking. With FSPP, they can see my history (it's not a lot, but it's not nothing)
ABG, 747FC and Kacee like this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:26 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
I've had better results with upgrades (and general recognition) at Four Seasons properties by going through a FSPP agent.
Indeed, that specific FS duo of hotels on Lanai has a very engaged team to work with FSPP. Using those types of programs can also help solve issues on FX rates and points described by posts #456 and #458.
Except I suppose in FS case any Amex bonus points for a pre-paid FHR stay
Old Apr 19, 2021, 6:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hotel: Mandarin Oriental Miami
Room: Skyline View Deluxe One King
Check-in: Arrived around 4:30 PM
Upgrade: Moved to a room on the 18th floor which they said was an upgrade. It was nice being higher up
Late Checkout: Offered but not used
Breakfast Credit: $60 per day. All dining has a mandatory 20% gratuity already added. Breakfast for two took us $12 over.
Amenity: $100 spa credit. The spa was booked the whole weekend and they were happy to transfer the credit to be a $100 food and beverage credit.
Comment: I really like this property. The location means you're close to downtown which I like but you're not stuck with all the people who are downtown. The pool is decent and they have a faux beach you can lay out on as well. Service was incredible from everyone we encountered. Breakfast was good as were drinks at the pool bar and the lobby bar. Full link to my review here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33188397-post13.html
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NYCRachel
Basic question: Booked 2 rooms under one reservation at The Logan in Philadelphia through FHR. Assume each room gets the $100 special property credit? I don't have to make two bookings right? Thanks!
Technically, The Logan is part of The Hotel Collection and not a FHR property. However the benefit is tied to the room rate so you would get the desired outcome.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:21 pm

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask, but does anyone know when it will be possible to book rooms for February 2022? Trying to plan a trip for a wedding and may go through FHR but it looks like you can only book through December of this year currently.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 8:59 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by LlamaJesus
....when it will be possible to book rooms for February 2022? ....
Late in the year: When does AmEx renew FHR contracts?
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:11 pm

Encore Boston Harbor
Stayed Friday night
Upgrade:
Premier Harbor view to Signature Suite ("upon arrival, when available")
Early Check-in: 12:00PM check-in, when available
Late Check-out: Guaranteed 4:00pm late check-out
Breakfast: $40 per person (up to two) usable for room service or in a restaurant (gratuity not included)
Amenity: $100 USD resort credit (excludes Gaming, Retail and Dunkin')
Overall Experience: Really enjoyed the property, especially the room upgrade and the Cheese Meet Wine, though excluding Dunkin' in New England is an interesting decision. Valet parking is currently free for hotel guests, though that's just a standard benefit. The entire property is non-smoking too, which is nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.