When does AmEx renew FHR contracts?

Old Oct 29, 07, 10:38 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 175
When is the deadline for FHR hotels to sign '08 contracts?

I got an Amex Platinum mainly because I go to Vegas about six times per year and stay almost exclusively at Wynn. Considering that I normally reserve more than one room for friends and family as well, the card has really paid for itself again and again.

While trying to make my January '08 reservations, I was told that Wynn hasn't signed on to FHR for 2008 yet, but that all the other hotels in Vegas that were previously with the program have.

Is Wynn just lagging or is the outlook doubtful that it'll be an FHR property next year? Any other properties not with FHR for '08 yet, but that you will expect to be? I use the other benefits on the card on occasion, but not enough to justify the cost.
MikeE is offline  
Old Oct 30, 07, 8:54 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
Posts: 265
I have also heard that Mandarin Oriental has not signed for the Centurion one night free at most hotels either.

I also remember a few hotels last year that waited til the end of the year as well. We will see.....
Aggie is offline  
Old Oct 30, 07, 12:18 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IAD, DCA, SAN
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, AMEX PLAT
Posts: 1,236
Originally Posted by MikeE View Post
I got an Amex Platinum mainly because I go to Vegas about six times per year and stay almost exclusively at Wynn. Considering that I normally reserve more than one room for friends and family as well, the card has really paid for itself again and again.

While trying to make my January '08 reservations, I was told that Wynn hasn't signed on to FHR for 2008 yet, but that all the other hotels in Vegas that were previously with the program have.

Is Wynn just lagging or is the outlook doubtful that it'll be an FHR property next year? Any other properties not with FHR for '08 yet, but that you will expect to be? I use the other benefits on the card on occasion, but not enough to justify the cost.
Too funny. I just shot PTS an email asking for a Wynn FHR reservation in spring of 08 during a little trip west. I wonder what the advisor will respond with. I will let you all know.
Paolo01 is offline  
Old Oct 30, 07, 7:24 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Posts: 1,708
When I called PTS last month to check Wynn FHR rates for January, the agent called the hotel directly and got the FHR rates. He said the rates weren't in the computer but could be gained by calling the hotel.

Luckily, I waited because a few days later, I got my Red Card winter offer which was $100/night for a Parlour Suite so I was all over that one.
xray is offline  
Old Oct 31, 07, 5:05 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 175
Originally Posted by xray View Post
When I called PTS last month to check Wynn FHR rates for January, the agent called the hotel directly and got the FHR rates. He said the rates weren't in the computer but could be gained by calling the hotel.
My agent did the same thing, however she said that the amenities are not guaranteed until Wynn signs the contract.
MikeE is offline  
Old Oct 31, 07, 12:47 pm
  #6  
BLV
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 949
I run into this every year b/c we tend to go out of the country for NYE, so this happens with most of the FHR hotels, not just the Wynn.
BLV is offline  
Old Oct 31, 07, 1:09 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
Posts: 265
Just to correct my earlier post -- Mandarin Oriental has signed for the 2 for 1 in '08.
Aggie is offline  
Old Oct 31, 07, 1:41 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IAD/DCA
Posts: 31,667
wonder how Virtuosos upgrades compare to FHR.

benefits >
-Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
-A $20 per person breakfast credit per day (max 2 people) at Terrace Point Café
-Early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
-Two complimentary passes per stay to the Fitness Center & Spa (a $25.00 per person value)
Kagehitokiri is offline  
Old Oct 31, 07, 8:18 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Posts: 1,708
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
wonder how Virtuosos upgrades compare to FHR.

benefits >
-Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
-A $20 per person breakfast credit per day (max 2 people) at Terrace Point Caf
-Early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
-Two complimentary passes per stay to the Fitness Center & Spa (a $25.00 per person value)
Based on 2007 FHR program, FHR looks better

Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
$20/person breakfast credit
Late check out
$40/person lunch credit

If you booked the Resort Room, this would be a great value (rate usually around $200) with $120 food credits...
xray is offline  
Old Nov 4, 07, 4:57 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 516
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
Just to correct my earlier post -- Mandarin Oriental has signed for the 2 for 1 in '08.
Thanks for this. Love the way I had tried a few weeks ago to book several hotels for Easter next year and the rates were not loaded, so asked Uk Centurion to call me when they were so I could book. Naturally I had to chase them off the back of your note. All booked now.

Good job they don't work on sales or commission.
LaydeeSarah is offline  
Old Dec 7, 07, 3:14 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Posts: 4,337
Originally Posted by xray View Post
Based on 2007 FHR program, FHR looks better

Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
$20/person breakfast credit
Late check out
$40/person lunch credit

If you booked the Resort Room, this would be a great value (rate usually around $200) with $120 food credits...

Is the lunch credit good for the buffet? Is the credit actually a credit on the bill that if you don't use it still gets credited?
cruisr is offline  
Old Dec 7, 07, 11:16 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 175
Originally Posted by cruisr View Post
Is the lunch credit good for the buffet? Is the credit actually a credit on the bill that if you don't use it still gets credited?
Yes, it's good at the buffet and you do have to use it at a lunch spot to get the credit.

Since this has been bumped, I should mention that Wynn has since signed FHR contracts.
MikeE is offline  
Old Dec 9, 07, 10:54 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TPE, MNL
Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Posts: 979
newbie question and a little off title.
Is AMEX PLAT FHR program's rate usually better than book it through the other travel agent or hotel website?

Thanks

yuchung5
yuchung5 is offline  
Old Dec 10, 07, 6:07 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 3,924
Originally Posted by yuchung5 View Post
newbie question and a little off title.
Is AMEX PLAT FHR program's rate usually better than book it through the other travel agent or hotel website?

Thanks

yuchung5
I would say usually FHR is better if you also consider amenities it gives you, but not always. Be an educated consumer and compare rates to be on the safe side.
TAHKUCT is offline  
Old Dec 10, 07, 10:14 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TPE, MNL
Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Posts: 979
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT View Post
I would say usually FHR is better if you also consider amenities it gives you, but not always. Be an educated consumer and compare rates to be on the safe side.
Thanks for the response.
I am thinking about getting a AMEX PLAT.
Well, it will cost me $450, and I did some search.
There are some, not a lot, saying FHR program will pay for $450 easily.
I don't know it is true or not.

Thanks
ycuhung5
yuchung5 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread