Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Changing preferred airline after $200 fee has been used

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing preferred airline after $200 fee has been used

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by mia
Sometimes it's better not to ask permission. Click here and report the outcome:

https://rewards.americanexpress.com/...=airlinechoice
I will report back next week after reimbursement post I will try to change airlines
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:07 am

Just got the SW air credit reimbursement today and switched my airline to Jet blue.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Does anyone know if I used all or part of my $200 AMEX Platinum credit in January with one airline, if I can subsequently change to a different airline (primarily to take advantage of the Pay with Points option)?

Yes. I had no problem with this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Roka
Yes. I had no problem with this.

​​​​​​What about the reverse? I have purchased some flights now in Jan 2018 that don't fly until the summer. If I change my preferred airline before the end of January will I still get my 50% reimbursement?

Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The travel date is unimportant, only the date of the credit card transaction matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.