Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR (USA) to Alitalia (AZ) 25% (1000:1250) bonus offer through 10.31.2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Special Offer: Get 25% more Alitalia miles when you transfer Membership Rewards points through 10/31/16. Terms apply. See Special Offer Terms*
Opens up some pretty good deals for Skyteam travel given their fairly generous award chart. Roundtrip US-Europe in J would be 64k MR points with the bonus. Here is their Skyteam award chart: https://www.alitalia.com/content/dam..._2017-ENG.pdf#
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:53 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Thank you. This seems to be the first bonus offer from Alitalia since we started the Wikipost to track offers. It's good to see that American Express is working to expand the pool of opportunities.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I just transferred a lot of points to Alitalia few weeks ago!

Last edited by mia; Oct 1, 2016 at 7:10 pm Reason: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#offensive
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex Platinum
There was some discussion elsewhere that you can only redeem Alitalia miles if you have earned at least 25% of the amount through flying with them. Any thoughts on this?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:33 am
mia

It appears this restriction applies to purchased points, not to transferred points. Click here and read forward:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...l#post26595148
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Do Alitalia miles expire? Does anyone know what the chances are that Alitalia might "reboot" their program like they did in the past where they announce the expiration of their entire frequent flier program, effectively giving an expiration date of all miles in an existing program and then opening a "new" program?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:00 pm

I read on the Alitalia site that there are restrictions when using your miles to purchase an award ticket for someone other than the owner of the miles. The flyer would have to have a note from the miles-owner with them when they check in. Anyone experience this?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:33 am

There are reports on the Flyertalk Alitalia Forum that Alitalia just increased miles needed for award flights. In some cases miles required have doubled!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...s-doubled.html
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:44 am
mia

Originally Posted by TravelStar
...Alitalia just increased miles needed for award flights...
If I understand correctly the increase is for partner awards, not flights operated by AZ.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If I understand correctly the increase is for partner awards, not flights operated by AZ.
That's true, but I would think many were looking at this as an opportunity to redeem awards on SkyTeam partners (such as the OP).

Pretty lame timing if you ask me!
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Need some help/advice. I'm trying to take advantage of this promotion (just found availability for a flight I want to book at Alitalia) -- my problem -- I never linked my Alitalia account to my membership rewards account. I made the link request yesterday but it says online that it could take 2 weeks to link.

Anyone have a sense as to timing of linking alitalia to amex? Can Amex expedite this process somehow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.