Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Where can I find the link to refer a friend for the BUSINESS card? I can only seem to locate a link to refer the personal card. Any guidance? Thanks.
Business card application is here: https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/spg-286

Referral is here (for both personal and business): https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...nCampId=200142
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:38 am

What is the likelihood of someone getting approved for both personal and biz? 760 credit
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just received my 25K yesterday. Not complaining even though the extra 10K would have come in handy. I'm looking for 70K for a week in Vienna in June 2017.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:45 am

Nice. The website says this is good until 3/30. I'll probably apply later this month. I should be finishing up my spend for Amex Everyday and the Barclay Aviator bonus this month, which will free me up to focus on the SPG.

That being said, any thoughts on whether it is better to turn and burn on SPG points? Or wait for announcements on where this Starwood + Marriott thing is going?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by _Square_
That being said, any thoughts on whether it is better to turn and burn on SPG points? Or wait for announcements on where this Starwood + Marriott thing is going?
Personally I'm still keeping my SPG points, if the announcements turn out negative I'll burn them or more likely, convert them to AS miles for a few CX biz/first flights
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:16 am

Strange that this hasn't hit blogs yet. Or I haven't seen it anyway.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Michael Ad
Strange that this hasn't hit blogs yet. Or I haven't seen it anyway.
What is the commission on the SPG card?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Michael Ad
Strange that this hasn't hit blogs yet.
Search Google with the terms: SPG 35,000 2016 and you will see several blog posts listed.

Last edited by mia; Mar 3, 2016 at 8:28 am
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Oh the agony of not being able to get this bonus again!
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:23 am
mia

Moderator reminder

Please do not post referral offers in this thread. Use the designated thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...e-posting.html
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:37 am

Courtesy Points

I was just approved for the card in late January. I called and requested a match or courtesy points because of the new 35,000 point offer. The rep immediately gave me 3,000 courtesy points and submitted an inquiry to the marketing department about additional points to match. Told I should hear something about additional points in a couple of weeks. Not optimistic as AMEX usually doesn't match but the additional 3,000 points will come in handy.

It appears calling is better than chat in regard to getting courtesy points.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by mia
Search Google with the terms: SPG 35,000 2016 and you will see several blog posts listed.
I Googled exactly that, and while several blogs came up, only one was for this offer, in the first two pages (20 results).

The other blog results were largely for redemptions at SPG hotels for 35k points.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Correction: I need only 60K for my week in Vienna. 5th night free. So I'm 12K short of goal with plenty time to earn.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
I got an Amex last month (2/2016). What's the likelihood of me getting approved for SPG Business and Personal on the same day? Should I only go for one (wary about the 2 apps in 90 days threshold) - and if so, which bonus would be more likely to pop up again?

I definitely need a business card to separate all of my expenses, but am open to either one due to the increased signing bonus. Also I'd rather not do 5k spend and get another card, but can do it on regular spend if necessary.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:41 am
mia

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
...which bonus would be more likely to pop up again?
Typically both version are promoted simultaneously. Usually one offer per calendar year, but the timing of the offer has moved and American Express might offer twice in one year.

The Business version has slightly better benefits than the personal card, but (in principle) personal cards have stronger consumer protections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.