Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by mia
You have not met my spouse .

I have never shopped at Target, Walmart, or Toys-R-Us.
Yeah but I would rather buy ferragamo at neimans or saks since they sell it for less than the actual ferragamo store does. And then you can add in those 100 off 500 amex offers... sigh hopefully these offers get better ( they used to be one way of justifying these AF)

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Gift cards galore at Toys R Us and Walmart. If you or your SO prefer Ferragamo, that's fine, but you certainly qualify as an outlier.

The Target was a current offer that AMEX is offering. 2x points at Target. Absolute joke of an offer.
LOL @Target. Gimme Amazon, Walmart, or Costco any day of the week
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
My perception is the opposite, I have seldom seen offers from merchants that I would use, but recently it has improved.
Yeah, I haven't seem many that I'd use recently. There is a pretty cool one from JellyBelly.com, but who knows what I'd do with $50 in jelly beans...
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
but who knows what I'd do with $50 in jelly beans...
2017 Easter Egg Hunt Prizes
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:37 am

I've been able to utilize several offers recently: 7 for all mankind, Ledbury (^^^ one of my fav stores), the cell phone bill and Rag & Bone.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:07 am

Its been good to me lately. Used the $25off100 staples one 7 times. Used the $5off5 quicktrip one 12 times, and getting ready to use the Joeanns $10off50 6-7 times. All total that should net me around $295 in the last couple of months.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
let's all hope that we'll see more offers like staples.

it definitely has been drier than last couple years year-to-date. amex is under a lot of pressure fwiw. obviously with the end of costco relationship and couple other things...
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Just got told cash only for gift cards at Joanne fabrics trying to pick up a $50 home depot card. Cashier claimed they were not authenticating properly with credit cards. Their tiny card rack was pretty bare so I'm guessing they got hit hard and shut it down. Madison Heights, MI store.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by reverted
Noticed an offer on my PRG today. Not sure how long its been there. Spend $100 at supermarkets by 8/31/16 and get 1500 MR points.

Sounds good to me :P
Lucky. No dice for me on my PRG - you'd think they'd have noticed that I haven't been using the card at grocery stores since April (cough Chase Freedom) and that such an offer could entice me back before I hit the Freedom cap.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
I have gotten these twice before and I see them confirmed on both cards ... so I'd say that is fine ... we'll see.
yup. 2 credits; 1 for each card that I used. Glad this still works Some good savings w/ Amex offers recently.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Not sure if this is new or old but I just saw it for the first time.

Get 5% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make eligible purchases of $100+ in a single transaction in-store at The Home Depot by Aug 31.

It doesn't seem to exclude gift cards. Not great but if you don't have another card that does better and you need to shop there anyway, then it's better than nothing.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Finkface

Get 5% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make eligible purchases of $100+ in a single transaction in-store at The Home Depot by Aug 31.

It doesn't seem to exclude gift cards. Not great but if you don't have another card that does better and you need to shop there anyway, then it's better than nothing.
Is there a limit?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Finkface

Originally Posted by hiima
Is there a limit?
Sorry, my first post in this thread. I should have given more info. Limit is $100 in credits, so $2000.

Enrollment is limited. An "eligible purchase" means a purchase of $100 or more made in a single transaction by 8/31/16, on up to $2,000 in total purchases, excluding HD Direct, Home Decorators Collection, Home Depot Foundation, Home Depot Fuel, Home Depot Car Wash, Home Depot at-home services, Home Depot Carpet Clean, Your Other Warehouse, Red Beacon brand, and third party installation services purchased in home. Offer valid for in-store purchases only. Valid at any participating location in the US and US Territories. Offer is limited to a total of $100 in statement credits per American Express® online account. Must add offer to/enroll Card and use same Card to make the eligible purchases. Offer is non-transferable.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by McTrips
There is a new offer for 10% off upto $30 on cable or satellite bill. My wife and I have the PRG and it was loaded to both cards on the website. Expires on 06/30/16. I heard rumors of the 10% off on the wireless carrier as well, but I don't have that offer loaded.
While DirecTV.com will only let you go $100 credit balance max, telephone agents have no such limitation and let me get $1000 credit balance across multiple AMEX payments to max this out before end of month.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 11:37 pm

I completely spaced out on the Staples offer, but I realized I have a few days left to take advantage of it. If I purchase a $100 gift card online and pick it up in store, will it count, or does it have to be mailed? Also, due to a prior Staple purchase, I have $10 in their discount program. Can the discount be used with this offer, provided the total remains above $100, or does it disqualify it?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by honu
I completely spaced out on the Staples offer, but I realized I have a few days left to take advantage of it. If I purchase a $100 gift card online and pick it up in store, will it count, or does it have to be mailed? Also, due to a prior Staple purchase, I have $10 in their discount program. Can the discount be used with this offer, provided the total remains above $100, or does it disqualify it?
- Nothing in the T&C's disqualifies in-store pickup, so, as long as the order is placed via staples.com, you should be fine.

- I'm not sure that Staples will allow you to apply the $10 credit to a gift card purchase, so you might have an issue there. As far as the Amex Offer goes, as long as the total remains above $100, Amex should give the $25 credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.