Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by UserMark
New offer today for 10 off 50 at Joann Fabrics. Joann has a gift card rack with a bunch of stuff including amazon and ebay, but no Visas, at least not in the store I checked.
Thanks for the tip on Jo-Ann Fabrics carrying gift cards. I've shopped there on occasion, but never noticed their gift cards. The offer is on all 3 of my cards, so this could be a good find for me. ^
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Delta was 100$ off 500$, used mine for a gc. (:
I got the offers with $200 off $1000 on air France a and virgin Atlantic...

You can get the statement credit if you buy gift card? I am pretty sure the t and c states that gift card purchase won't count....??
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:12 am

Noticed an offer on my PRG today. Not sure how long its been there. Spend $100 at supermarkets by 8/31/16 and get 1500 MR points.

Sounds good to me :P
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:02 am

anyone notice that their offers have gotten shabbier lately?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Yup they're absolute garbage
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I got the offers with $200 off $1000 on air France a and virgin Atlantic...

You can get the statement credit if you buy gift card? I am pretty sure the t and c states that gift card purchase won't count....??
I remember my t and c not stating gc not allowed.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
... I am pretty sure the t and c states that gift card purchase won't count....??
Correct, see below.

Originally Posted by hiima
I remember my t and c not stating gc not allowed.
Does the Delta offer also include this restriction?

Details
Get a 1X $200 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $1000+ on airfare only online at virgin-atlantic.com/us by 7/31/16. Purchase must be made on Virgin Atlantic’s US website. Flight must originate in US. See terms for full exclusions.

Terms
Enrollment is limited. Offer valid for airline tickets purchased directly from Virgin Atlantic at virgin-atlantic.com or via the Virgin Atlantic mobile app. Valid only on purchases made at Virgin Atlantic’s US website. Flight must originate in US. Not valid on purchases made by phone or at physical locations including, but not limited to the airport, Virgin Atlantic local offices and Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses. Excludes gift card purchases. Excludes purchases made through Virgin Vacations, Virgin America, Virgin Australia and Virgin.com. Car rentals, hotel bookings, Retail Therapy Shop, Foreign Currency Exchange services and Virgin Atlantic Cargo are all excluded. Offer not valid on purchases made in flight. Offer not valid for any purchases of a vacation package or through a third party (including resellers and online marketplaces). Reward flight bookings or purchases or transfers of Flying Club miles do not qualify for the offer. Offer not valid on any purchases made by using American Express Membership Rewards® points. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/31/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CAO3:0001
Fr
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:20 pm

Absolutely. Even things that interest me (Air France) don't show up on my cards.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by mia
Correct, see below.

Does the Delta offer also include this restriction?
I'll check my used offers and let you know.

Can't find in my used offers.

Last edited by hiima; Jun 5, 2016 at 8:33 pm
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:49 pm
mia

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Yup they're absolute garbage
Originally Posted by nemme99
Absolutely. Even things that interest me (Air France) don't show up on my cards.
My perception is the opposite, I have seldom seen offers from merchants that I would use, but recently it has improved. I think this is a matter of chance, and it's not justified to characterize offers as shabbier or garbage only because they do not coincide with my interests.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by mia
My perception is the opposite, I have seldom seen offers from merchants that I would use, but recently it has improved. I think this is a matter of chance, and it's not justified to characterize offers as shabbier or garbage only because they do not coincide with my interests.

Well I was referring to the more applicable ones such as walmart, amazon, restaurants, newegg, etc...

Now all i see are flowers, direct merchant shopping (Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, etc where the markup is ridiculous to where you dont even use the offer), and random online places. But i guess you might be right about it being preference.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Well I was referring to the more applicable ones such as walmart, amazon, restaurants, newegg, etc...

Now all i see are flowers, direct merchant shopping (Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, etc where the markup is ridiculous to where you dont even use the offer), and random online places. But i guess you might be right about it being preference.
I'm not really sure how anyone would have a preference for Ferragamo and 2x points at Target over Walmart, Amazon, Toys R Us, and Newegg.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:24 pm

Well I was referring to the more applicable ones such as walmart, amazon, restaurants, newegg, etc..
Those were excellent. The last one I used was the Staples offers.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:35 pm
mia

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I'm not really sure how anyone would have a preference for Ferragamo...
You have not met my spouse .

and 2x points at Target over Walmart, Amazon, Toys R Us, and Newegg.
I have never shopped at Target, Walmart, or Toys-R-Us.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
You have not met my spouse .

I have never shopped at Target, Walmart, or Toys-R-Us.
Gift cards galore at Toys R Us and Walmart. If you or your SO prefer Ferragamo, that's fine, but you certainly qualify as an outlier.

The Target was a current offer that AMEX is offering. 2x points at Target. Absolute joke of an offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.