Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark
Yes, the problem with the 5k for prime happened to me. They "investigated" for 2 months without any solution, and finally just added 5000 points to my account when I called back again.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess I will call. Ugh! .
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Follow up concerns about those $50 Hilton gift cards ...

Does using one negate an entire stay from stacking with a Hilton sync offer, period? Or just that the $50 isn't counted as spending towards the Sync offer minimum?

Also, when I bought my first one a couple of weeks ago, I got no acknowledgement re: Sync at all. I purchased another recently, getting a You've Used An Offer message and a $10 credit posted today. Did the first one fail to capture entirely?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Does using one negate an entire stay from stacking with a Hilton sync offer, period? Or just that the $50 isn't counted as spending towards the Sync offer minimum?
The offer T&C will specify what and how much you should charge to the card with that offer. If you also charged someting to another payment method at the same hotel is totally irrelevant.
Also, when I bought my first one a couple of weeks ago, I got no acknowledgement re: Sync at all. I purchased another recently, getting a You've Used An Offer message and a $10 credit posted today. Did the first one fail to capture entirely?
Not getting the email is a bad sign. Check if that card still has the offer loaded. If it is, and the correct charge is listed on the account, ask a phone rep for manual credit. IME simply waiting for the offer's end is not productive, when there was no confirmation email.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:51 pm

Heading to the mall tomorrow, thinking about possibly using some Amex offers that expire on 31st December.

Has anyone had problems lately with Amex credit posting - if they use the Amex offer on the very last day it is valid, at a brick and mortar store?

I would think, if you receive the "Congrats!" email after making the store purchase, then you should be fine, even though charges may not post until say 2nd or 3rd Jan?

NOTE - Not talking abt online purchases.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:58 pm

Follow up concerns about those $50 Hilton gift cards ...

I have had Amex Offers credit appearing in my account after the AO is used, even though I receive no Congrats email acknowledgment
I believe some others have encountered the same as well
Not sure why it is not consistent, perhaps some IT glitch. But 99% of the time, I do receive the Congrats email when AO is used

I dont know which Hilton sync offer you are talking about stacking with your Hilton GC.
But if your total hotel stay costs $450, and the Amex offer says "pay $300 at Hilton hotel, get $60 back", then you must make sure the Amex CC with the AO has at least $300 charged to it.
So this means you can only use a maximum of three $50 Hilton GC to pay the same stay, with the remaining charged to the Amex CC.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I must apologize as I went over last month's statement finding out that I was credited for the first gift card after all.

I did get credit for the split hotel stay using both a regular platinum card and the gift card. It just took a couple of days for the $60 credit to post. I just wasn't sure from one of the comments earlier whether using the gift card itself disqualified the stay from the overall larger promotion; clearer now that it was meant that the gift card is a separate credit card charge, rather than a "credit" against the gross bill itself.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Dec 31, 2017 at 2:55 pm
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
A reminder that today is the last day to use a lot of great offers, like their Best Buy offer.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:56 am

Questions regarding Hilton gift card $10 for $50 offer:

1. I bought 4 x $50 Hilton gift card after clicking the link on T&C from I.E. browser (redirected to RPG card service site). I did not get the "great news Amex offer" email. I thought this is not a good sign... then I clicked the link in T&C from chrome browser, and got redirected to American Express Hilton gift card website.... the only pricing difference is the $1.95 shipping (I.E. redirected site does not charge shipping). I wonder if the redirected link on IE browser to RBG card service is incorrect for Amex offer?

2. If the IE redirected site indeed is incorrect, do I have a case arguing with Amex to get 4x$10 statement credit?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:31 pm

I bought a $50 gift card through the link on the American Express offer page in mid December and it worked like a chime and got my $10 rebate.

I bought another $50 gift card at the beginning of the year and also bought it through the link on the American Express offer page, this time it took me to a different site which i actually had to type in my AmEx credit card number. This time I did not get the $10 rebate.

I chat with a representative online and was told I bought the gift card through a third party website and therefore the purchase was not eligible.

I just do not know how to get to the correct website to buy the gift card which would entitle me to the $10 rebate. No matter I clicked the link on the offer or I clicked "redeem now", it still brought me to the same third party website.

Did anybody have the same problem? It seems to me the deal is not redeemable anymore. The representative I chatted with was no help, he just kept going in circle telling me there was nothing AmEx can do since I went to the third party to buy the gift card.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:08 pm

When I start on the HH Shopping Portal, so far I've always gotten to the qualified order page. This step also earns some HH points.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by lililolo
I bought a $50 gift card through the link on the American Express offer page in mid December and it worked like a chime and got my $10 rebate.

I bought another $50 gift card at the beginning of the year and also bought it through the link on the American Express offer page, this time it took me to a different site which i actually had to type in my AmEx credit card number. This time I did not get the $10 rebate.

I chat with a representative online and was told I bought the gift card through a third party website and therefore the purchase was not eligible.

I just do not know how to get to the correct website to buy the gift card which would entitle me to the $10 rebate. No matter I clicked the link on the offer or I clicked "redeem now", it still brought me to the same third party website.

Did anybody have the same problem? It seems to me the deal is not redeemable anymore. The representative I chatted with was no help, he just kept going in circle telling me there was nothing AmEx can do since I went to the third party to buy the gift card.
i think Amex should be responsible for the $10 credit or they should demand that Hilton fixes the redirection bug on the gift card site.

i mean, we follow the step provided in the offer terms by clicking the link in it, so we should be entitled to the $10 credit no matter which site we are redirected to.

by the way, the chat agent told me she would file a claim for marketing department for review, and should expect a decision on 3-5 business days.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did two of these early on, and they did eventually go through okay. However, I'm not so sure that having to buy them $50 each with a $2 service charge is really worth it for a net saving of $8 per card. In other words, no big thrill on the bill realizing that $42 of that $50 "credit" are my own prepaid funds; moreover, there are the foregone Hilton cc points (offset by the 52 whopping Amex ones).
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:29 am

I did two of these early on, and they did eventually go through okay. However, I'm not so sure that having to buy them $50 each with a $2 service charge is really worth it for a net saving of $8 per card. In other words, no big thrill on the bill realizing that $42 of that $50 "credit" are my own prepaid funds; moreover, there are the foregone Hilton cc points (offset by the 52 whopping Amex ones).
So if you pay with the GC, you dont get the points?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by vm81
So if you pay with the GC, you dont get the points?
"foregone Hilton cc points" thus I assume referring to points that would have accrued from Hilton credit card spend (not points associated with the stay itself)

Although, while I am not familiar with the Hilton loyalty program or credit card terms, I doubt the points from $50 of CC spend have a value above $8 (16% would be pretty generous )

But to the original point, sure, there's always a decision of how much your time is worth vis-a-vis potential hassles etc.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm a very bad Flyertalker in that I don't generally breakdown things into points per dollar value. Credit card foregone would be, I believe 500 points; don't recall the new no-fee AMEX rate, but it should be roughly 10x.
My experiences at the hotel itself were mildly negative as well. First guy made a comment under his breath to the effect that I could have asked later when they weren't so busy, and second one shooed me away, scampering into the back with the card assuring me I'd get the credit, but he "has to consult with the manager" first. It did go through okay.
Bottom line is that ordering the card, waiting for it, remembering to bring it, and remembering to use it seems a lot for $8 (and 52 Amex points).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.