FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

sgunter Feb 21, 19 6:15 pm


Originally Posted by allpointsoftravel (Post 30798634)
Update: Still no reimbursement on my 2/1 $50 cards on my Gold personal cards. Maybe 2/1 purchases are just out of luck?

Still no update for me either for 9, $50 GCs purchased (unfortunately) on 2/1. Are we just screwed or can we call in later? That was an expensive day for me if not.

5 ($50) - Hilton Spire
4 ($50) - Amex Plat

mia Feb 21, 19 6:30 pm


Originally Posted by sgunter (Post 30807390)
That was an expensive dayt

How so? You paid $450 for gift card worth $450.

sgunter Feb 21, 19 7:07 pm


Originally Posted by mia (Post 30807414)
How so? You paid $450 for gift card worth $450.

If I can get $450 more and it actually works, then you're right, it wasn't. If not, then I certainly don't place a 1:1 value for cash vs. airfare currency.

EasternTraveler Feb 21, 19 7:20 pm


Originally Posted by sgunter (Post 30807515)
If I can get $450 more and it actually works, then you're right, it wasn't. If not, then I certainly don't place a 1:1 value for cash vs. airfare currency.

A gift card is not airline currency, it is CASH!

EasternTraveler Feb 21, 19 7:23 pm


Originally Posted by sgunter (Post 30807390)
Still no update for me either for 9, $50 GCs purchased (unfortunately) on 2/1. Are we just screwed or can we call in later? That was an expensive day for me if not.

5 ($50) - Hilton Spire
4 ($50) - Amex Plat

No! At best they will laugh at you. At worst, they cancel your account for violating the T&C's.

SP03 Feb 21, 19 7:25 pm


Originally Posted by EasternTraveler (Post 30807553)
A gift card is not airline currency, it is CASH!

Only if you want to fly that airline! Now the gift card credit only works for SW and Delta, so If you are going to fly them anyway, then they are almost like cash. Also keep in mind that you lose credit card travel protection when purchased with gift card.

Btw, both of my Delta credits appeared today. Purchased 2 $50 gift cards. Initially only $50 credited, but got my second one.

EasternTraveler Feb 21, 19 7:38 pm


Originally Posted by SP03 (Post 30807574)
Only if you want to fly that airline! Now the gift card credit only works for SW and Delta, so If you are going to fly them anyway, then they are almost like cash. Also keep in mind that you lose credit card travel protection when purchased with gift card.

Btw, both of my Delta credits appeared today. Purchased 2 $50 gift cards. Initially only $50 credited, but got my second one.

If you don't want to fly that airline, you really shouldn't buy that card. You don't lose protection if you balance out with a cc.

EasternTraveler Feb 21, 19 7:39 pm


Originally Posted by SP03 (Post 30807574)
Only if you want to fly that airline! Now the gift card credit only works for SW and Delta, so If you are going to fly them anyway, then they are almost like cash. Also keep in mind that you lose credit card travel protection when purchased with gift card.

Btw, both of my Delta credits appeared today. Purchased 2 $50 gift cards. Initially only $50 credited, but got my second one.

Did you purchase the 4 $50's at the same time in the same transaction for a total single charge of $200 or did you purchase one $50 and pay, then another $50 and pay, etc...?

SP03 Feb 21, 19 7:45 pm


Originally Posted by EasternTraveler (Post 30807615)
Did you purchase the 4 $50's at the same time in the same transaction for a total single charge of $200 or did you purchase one $50 and pay, then another $50 and pay, etc...?

Two $50 gift cards in ONE transaction.

EasternTraveler Feb 21, 19 7:47 pm


Originally Posted by SP03 (Post 30807633)
Two $50 gift cards in ONE transaction.

thought you bought 4 $50 cards?

ecs77 Feb 21, 19 8:18 pm

Recent Experiences with Delta eCERTS & Southwest GC's
 
AMEX Platinum Business (mine)
  • 2/18 - $100 Southwest gift card purchased
  • 2/18 - $100 Southwest gift card purchased
  • 2/20 - $100 Travel credit applied
  • 2/20 - $100 Travel credit applied
AMEX Platinum Business (my wife's)
  • 2/18 - $50 Delta eCert purchased
  • 2/18 - $50 Delta eCert purchased
  • 2/18 - $50 Delta eCert purchased
  • 2/18 - $50 Delta eCert purchased
  • 2/20 - $50 Travel credit applied
  • 2/20 - $50 Travel credit applied
  • 2/20 - $50 Travel credit applied
  • 2/20 - $50 Travel credit applied

AMEX Gold Personal (mine)
  • 2/18 - $50 Delta eCert purchased
  • 2/18 - $50 Delta eCert purchased
  • 2/20 - $50 Travel credit applied
  • 2/20 - $50 Travel credit applied
Everything worked as expected... similar to my last year cycle of purchases & travel credits.

fly121121 Feb 22, 19 2:33 am

Amex Hilton Aspire Card purchased today 2/22.

one transaction 2 X $50
one transaction 1 X $50

See how it goes. will update later.

3 transactions post on the statement 2/25, and check airline credit shows $100 left. waiting for the credit come through

2/26 Credit come through and purchase another 2 X 50 from additional card. let's see. :)

krazykanuck Feb 22, 19 4:58 am


Originally Posted by ecs77 (Post 30807706)
Everything worked as expected... similar to my last year cycle of purchases & travel credits.

Imagine that! ;)

EasternTraveler Feb 22, 19 5:31 am


Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 30808816)
Imagine that! ;)

I went ahead and got half of my years allotment out of the way last night. I will do the balance this afternoon. Hopefully all will go well and I will report back positive results.

I still cannot find where someone explains that you can do larger than $50.00 GC's and get rebated anywhere in the recent posts of the thread. Does anyone do more than $50 and successfully get reimbursed?

mia Feb 22, 19 7:56 am


Originally Posted by EasternTraveler (Post 30808889)
Does anyone do more than $50 and successfully get reimbursed?

It's established that $50 gift cards are reimbursed, and that larger denominations are not. This could change. The only way that we would KNOW that it has changed is if someone purchased a larger denomination card, but no one wants to be bothered because the $50 cards are reliable.

Do you volunteer? There is zero risk. In the worst case you pay $100 for a $100 card that isn't reimbursed. No loss.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:36 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.