Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the best FHR deal you've found?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2015, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Whats the best FHR deal you've found?

Just figured this might be a cool and interesting topic to discuss.
So what is the best (lowest) price youve booked a hotel with an FHR rate?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Just figured this might be a cool and interesting topic to discuss.
So what is the best (lowest) price youve booked a hotel with an FHR rate?
You should have a read of the FHR experiences thread, where it's all documented.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
FHR rates are seldom low, but there are frequent 3rd/4th night free promotions. See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...mpetitive.html
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy
You should have a read of the FHR experiences thread, where it's all documented.
Ah yes, I did. The trend since 2013 on that has unfortunately been to not list the pricing when they book so it was hard to tell about the value of FHR rates, but I understand the point youre making.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Ah yes, I did. The trend since 2013 on that has unfortunately been to not list the pricing when they book so it was hard to tell about the value of FHR rates, but I understand the point youre making.
Yeah, people here rarely post their room prices when discussing hotels. But we do talk about the value of the FHR free breakfast and F&B or spa credits. And the free nights of course have value. But as there are many different room levels you can choose when booking these hotels under FHR, the value is going to depend on your personal choice of the room level.

Also there is another thread here if you search about whether FHR bookings are more expensive or cheaper than booking on the hotel or chain website. The rough consensus is "it depends".
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
A few years ago, I booked theHotel in Vegas for one night. Regular rate was $110.

FHR rate was $90ish......included $100 spa credit and 2 breakfast credits (i think $30 each). Of course, I also received the usual upgrade and late check-out benefits.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I've had great stays at resort hotels in the off seasons or midweek -- when you layer in the specials (e.g. third night free) and the Centurion benefits (e.g. $200 additional credit on top of $100 FHR credit), it can become quite attractive! The St. Regis Deer Valley in the summer is a great example.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:56 am

Summer time in Abu Dhabi (which is very much off-peak for obvious reasons) seems to drive down the prices at St Regis and R-C to such that one is almost paid to go and stay, taking into account the dining/spa credit and the breakfast.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
I just finished a stay in Las Vegas and here was the deal:

Room: $150 per night, I stayed 1 night.
$100 in credits (not just for spa....credit for use anywhere in MGM hotels)
Free Breakfast ($20 value)

Net paid: $30 per night (plus add on the "resort fee")

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.