Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vah4883
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

There is also an offer for the Everyday Preferred ($95 annual fee) discussed in THIS thread.

Please use this thread to discuss the OFFER. To learn about Everyday cards, please see the established thread:

American Express Everyday Cards
Print Wikipost

Amex Everyday (free) 15-25,000 Point Signup Bonus.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:06 am
jk2

A question remains now - what to do with Blue card now if I just got Everyday? I want to keep that particular account (Blue, which is ex-Delta, is my oldest card). Amex doesn't want to PC this account to anything except Everyday.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jk2
...what to do with Blue card now if I just got Everyday?
I would just let it sit. If American Express eventually converts it to a second Everyday card, call and cancel the newer Everyday Card to preserve the longer history.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:21 pm

Can u use this no-fee card to prevent your previously earned mr points from expiring if you want to cancel other Amex mr cards with annual fee?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:24 pm
mia

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Can u use this no-fee card to prevent your previously earned mr points from expiring...
Yes, just verify that all cards are linked to the same Membership Rewards account. This is typical, but once in awhile a separate rewards account is created, and you need to ask customer service to merge them.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL GM
I got the 30k Everyday Preferred offer. Can I get this product too with 25k bonus or am I limited to one Everyday card with sign-up? Offer terms only say "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product." Can anyone speak from personal experience?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
I got the 30k Everyday Preferred offer. Can I get this product too with 25k bonus or am I limited to one Everyday card with sign-up? Offer terms only say "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product." Can anyone speak from personal experience?
If you read this thread and the 30k EDP thread, you'll find examples of people who were denied for applying for the two so close together.

Apparently Amex isn't set up to expect two card applications close in time for cards that are so similar, and is denying the second one as a duplicate.

If all you want is 25k more Amex MR signup bonus points, why don't you do the 25k Green card instead? It's a bit less likely to be flagged as a duplicate I would think, given that it's a charge card while both ED and EDP are credit cards. (But some people advise calling Amex ahead of time.)
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:19 pm

I just can't get the 25k offer to appear no matter how hard I try! I've tried 3 computers, VPN, 4 different browsers, incognito mode, etc. I've spent over an hour on this.

Can anyone else get the 25k offer today? The highest I can get is 15k. It keeps going back and forth between 10k and 15k.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by mia
Yes, just verify that all cards are linked to the same Membership Rewards account. This is typical, but once in awhile a separate rewards account is created, and you need to ask customer service to merge them.
So they won't take away my points earned from previous platinum as long as I have a card eligible to earn MR points linked to the same account?

If so, I see no reason to ever cancel everyday card since it has no annual fee and keep your mr points alive.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I see no reason to ever cancel everyday card since it has no annual fee and keep your mr points alive.
The only reason I can think of is if you've reached your maximum of 4 Amex credit cards and you need to get rid of 1 to apply for another.

My points strategy changes quite often and I would probably get rid of a no fee Amex card because of this.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Originally Posted by PowerMan572
I just can't get the 25k offer to appear no matter how hard I try! I've tried 3 computers, VPN, 4 different browsers, incognito mode, etc. I've spent over an hour on this.

Can anyone else get the 25k offer today? The highest I can get is 15k. It keeps going back and forth between 10k and 15k.
I tried for a while last night also, and could never get the 25k to come up.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by PowerMan572

I had the same problem, I finally did a search for the card and 30K bonus and it came up!! They called me as I had 4 cards already and I closed the Hilton Amex to get this one.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:42 am

Looks like the 25k offer is gone, the 30k for the EDP is still there though.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by compddd
Looks like the 25k offer is gone
I can't get it either today (on the same Chrome browser on my work computer which has never failed to get it since it first appeared). I'm just getting 10k.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:10 pm
mia

Originally Posted by sdsearch
...10k.
I am seeing 15,000 for Everyday (free).
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Could be gone, or rather, reduced. I got 'A Special Offer For You' but it's now 15K instead of 25K (shows 10K if I don't get special offer).

BC is down to $150 (vs. 100 without incog) as well. Delta went down to 35K (vs 30K). EDP still says 30K. These are all 'special offers for me' which means I think my incognito is working (i.e. I also still still PRG at 50K, regular gold @ 25K, green @ 25K...so incog offers are showing, but some are now reduced to be quite marginal)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.