Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Sitting in Las Vegas Centurion right now. Half full, never seen that before! 😍 So civilized. I communicated my happiness to the desk ladies. She said they want a lounge not a cafeteria. He'll yeah. Still loaded with kids though, roaming around, zero parental control. Oh well can't have it all I suppose 😕
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Sitting in Las Vegas Centurion right now. Half full, never seen that before! �� So civilized. I communicated my happiness to the desk ladies. She said they want a lounge not a cafeteria. He'll yeah. Still loaded with kids though, roaming around, zero parental control. Oh well can't have it all I suppose ��
At this point, I'll just settle for this.

These days, I've given up the hope of seeing young children behave with any semblance of control or manners. I don't blame them, of course, but squarely fault their parents' failure to school them.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Biased cos I don't have them but kids < 10yrs have no business being in a lounge.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Sitting in Las Vegas Centurion right now. Half full, never seen that before! 😍 So civilized.
I was there on Sunday and Monday afternoons. Sunday was packed, but it was a busy travel day. Monday at the same time, it was less than half full. On Monday, there was a line of at least a half-dozen people in front of me, most of which were turned away. One group of three was in violation of the 3-hour rule, and the rest had the wrong card type, including the confusing "Platinum Delta American Express Credit Card" which doesn't cut it. They've moved the sign that has the new rules so that it's a bit outside of the doors and into the terminal area, so there's greater chance that you read it before entering.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Biased cos I don't have them but kids < 10yrs have no business being in a lounge.
If an establishment allows minors then it should allow kids < 10 yrs. The establishment is then free to expel anyone from the premises — minor or adult — for misbehaving. I suspect we’d see far more 40-somethings get shown the door than toddlers.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ffsim

If an establishment allows minors then it should allow kids < 10 yrs. The establishment is then free to expel anyone from the premises — minor or adult — for misbehaving. I suspect we’d see far more 40-somethings get shown the door than toddlers.
Makes no sense to allow kids but then kick them out for being kids. I'm not saying there's a problem, but an age limit would make a lot more sense than putting Amex staffers in the position of having to kick people out. They deal with enough obnoxious people as it is.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:18 am

Why not? As long as the parents are keeping an eye on them and keeping them under control, who cares? Lounges are a lifesaver for a family. If kids bother you that much, throw on some noise cancelling headphones.
ffsim and Gasolin like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jgroll57
Why not? As long as the parents are keeping an eye on them and keeping them under control, who cares? Lounges are a lifesaver for a family. If kids bother you that much, throw on some noise cancelling headphones.
"Throw on some noise-canceling headphones"? No.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Strange then that the Centurion Lounge at SFO has a kid playroom. Maybe that is for grownups who don’t play well with others.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dhuey

Strange then that the Centurion Lounge at SFO has a kid playroom. Maybe that is for grownups who don’t play well with others.
Not strange at all. It's an obvious attempt to keep noisy kids sequestered.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Not strange at all. It's an obvious attempt to keep noisy kids sequestered.
More likely it's an accommodation for a demographic that AMEX values - families with young children. If AMEX didn't value this demographic, there would be no kids room and perhaps even no kids in the lounge.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:58 am

LGA wasn't bad at all last Friday
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
No kids here neither, but I fail to see how that is a problem, even in a lounge.
Some of us have pets too and they can be tough to control, and of course, well trained, they are lovely but not everyone loves them and sometimes, they will occasionally bark or meow...

Yes, it's not great, the noise can bother us, but it's life. Do we seriously imagine a world where people with kids cannot go anywhere?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gasolin
Yes, it's not great, the noise can bother us, but it's life. Do we seriously imagine a world where people with kids cannot go anywhere?
No, just not in places billed as quiet respites from airport chaos.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
The out of control children I referenced in my post were jumping on and walking across the furniture. It's 100% unacceptable. Parents that allow this behavior in a Centurion Lounge should have their access permanently revoked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.