Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by jvel
Why penalize the actual cardholder with no longer allowing same day, post arrival access? If they either reduced guest access to 1 or only allotted a certain amount of guest passes per year, that would greatly reduce some of the crowding issues.
should be 0 guests with the ability to buy same day access for guests, maybe make it free for kids under the age that is required to be an au?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:16 am

I am big fan of the new change, particularly now that cardholders can't bring an unlimited amount of "immediate family members." Under the new policy, you can only bring in 2 guests per card unless the guest is under 2 years old which doesn't count against the limit.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by miasmal
How can you distinguish between a connecting flight vs. originating flight? Show previous boarding pass?
Yes. My experience in SEA last month: arrived on a DL flight, connecting to another DL four hours later. Went to the lounge and showed my departing BP. Agent asked if I had a BP from an inbound flight (i.e., was I making a connection), as I would otherwise have to wait for admission. Seemed like a reasonable way to handle this. Note: I am old-fashioned and almost always have paper boarding passes. If I do use an app, I take a screenshot of the boarding pass.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Yes. My experience in SEA last month: arrived on a DL flight, connecting to another DL four hours later. Went to the lounge and showed my departing BP. Agent asked if I had a BP from an inbound flight (i.e., was I making a connection), as I would otherwise have to wait for admission. Seemed like a reasonable way to handle this. Note: I am old-fashioned and almost always have paper boarding passes. If I do use an app, I take a screenshot of the boarding pass.
This is exactly what we were told by an agent at DFW last month
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

So a traveler with an inbound boarding pass can enter immediately, but an outbound travel only within 3 hours of departure?
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Statman
I am big fan of the new change, particularly now that cardholders can't bring an unlimited amount of "immediate family members." Under the new policy, you can only bring in 2 guests per card unless the guest is under 2 years old which doesn't count against the limit.
this particular change was implemented a while ago and is not new
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:33 pm

For those that paid the annual fee under the assumption the lounges would admit arriving passengers, has anyone had luck getting a refund of the annual fee? This mid-year policy change has devalued the card to the point where asking for an annual fee refund is reasonable.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by dayone
So a traveler with an inbound boarding pass can enter immediately, but an outbound travel only within 3 hours of departure?
More precisely:

- inbound + outbound boarding pass gets you in immediately.

- outbound boarding pass gets you in only within 3 hrs of departure.

- inbound boarding pass no longer gets you in.
JDiver and DaveH like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
More precisely:

- inbound + outbound boarding pass gets you in immediately.

- outbound boarding pass gets you in only within 3 hrs of departure.

- inbound boarding pass no longer gets you in.
And more succinctly:
- Point of origin access within 3 hours; connecting passengers immediately
- No more using as arrivals lounge

Regards
JDiver, notquiteaff and Visconti like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by mia
These rules were not unofficial. Since early December 2018 they were applied when an individual lounge approach capacity. Now, they will apply at all locations and all the time.
My understanding is that these new rules do not go into effect until March 2019? Are individual lounges applying them now all the time?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by us1549
For those that paid the annual fee under the assumption the lounges would admit arriving passengers, has anyone had luck getting a refund of the annual fee? This mid-year policy change has devalued the card to the point where asking for an annual fee refund is reasonable.
You can ask but don’t be surprised if Amex bans you from future sign up bonuses.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Statman
2 guests per card has been in effect for a while now. That’s not what’s changing
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
As a data point, I’ve used LGA as an arrival lounge today. I checked in early to IAH last week ( 7hours before departure) and no one asked for an incoming bp.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by mdbe
As a data point, I’ve used LGA as an arrival lounge today. I checked in early to IAH last week ( 7hours before departure) and no one asked for an incoming bp.
The new rule doesn’t take effect until March. So they shouldn’t be asking for incoming boarding pass.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: Various
My understanding is those rules apply only for Platinum customers; Centurion customers have rules that are slightly different with regards to the 3 hour access rule not applying, and also the immediate family option still applying (OR two guests)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.