Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:49 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mia
-OR- American Airlines needs to finish refurbishing both MIA Admirals Clubs, which they chose to do simultaneously while posting signs throughout the terminal apologizing in a way that drives people to go elsewhere.
Wow, both at the same time? Even UA was smart enough not to remodel both the B concourse clubs in ORD at the same time.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Two Centurion Lounges this week:

- SYD: Pretty crowded when I was there on a Thursday at 8 PM. Had to sit at a two person table right next to another person but then again the lounge is tiny and at least two people had bought a day pass.

- DFW: Actually pretty empty when I was there Friday at 4 PM. No issue getting my choice of tables and I only had to wait 15 minutes on a shower. Nice experience.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:28 am

At SFO 5pm last Friday (Labor Day wknd), lounge was full but was able to get a (non-shared) table after a quick look.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Troopers
At SFO 5pm last Friday (Labor Day wknd), lounge was full but was able to get a (non-shared) table after a quick look.
My wife was there around 9 am this past Saturday. She said there was a pretty big crowd in there, but she was able to get a table in the dining area.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Labor Day morning approx 8am - no problem at SEA.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Greetings from Seattle!

Quiet on a Thursday night, enough seating for all. Not a fan of cucumber sandwiches, but their tasty red hummus using carrots instead of bread makes a great alternative.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Last Wednesday I did a tour of CLs, IAH, DFW, and MIA

IAH: was there before 6 am, barely a soul, no open bar
DFW: was there ~8am, decent crowd but plenty of open tables both in the eating area and in the quiet areas
MIA: was there 1-4pm, most tables in the restaurant area were taken at all times but there were usually a couple small tables available, but a number of seats open between there and the library/business center area and there seemed to be nobody sitting at the bar
Old Oct 12, 2016, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion
At the SFO Centurion Lounge now (3:00 PM).

Crowded right to the point of no seats left. Turnover is fairly quick though so it is all working in a semi-chaotic way!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
SFO lounge on Sunday at 4 pm: light crowd, plenty of seats available.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:47 am

SFO on Saturday 10/15 between 9-10 pm. Lounge was pretty crowded to the point that there was nowhere for 2 people to sit together in the seating area behind the checkin desk. The wife and I were able to find an open table in the dining area but we ended up leaving for the United Club so we could stretch out and relax a little better before our redeye.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA1K
i know most lounges do get pretty crowded...but does amex have any plans to announce a new one?

i've been to all except MIA. SFO seems to be the busiest for me.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by haddon90
i know most lounges do get pretty crowded...but does amex have any plans to announce a new one?

i've been to all except MIA. SFO seems to be the busiest for me.
This will change when you visit MIA for the first time.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by cmd320
This will change when you visit MIA for the first time.
haha so i have heard. no plans to visit MIA anytime soon. i may do a MR there.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I went to the SFO club for the first time yesterday morning and they have Centurion reserved seating, so I had no problems. The lounge wasn't too crowded in any case. It seemed a pretty nice club.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:30 am

Most of my visits to SFO have been for the red eye flights out - so I was there between 8 pm to 10 pm - and it's been a hassle to find seating. The service is still good and they at least manage to keep the food coming and clearing empty dishes, but the seating at those hours is sparse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.