Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:04 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by RichardMannion
Two Centurion facilities today:

MIA this evening at 9pm. Absolute joke, as per other reports rammed with families. No reserved seats or tables for Centurions like other facilities, feeding time at the zoo at both the bar and buffet. Front desk told me no special drinks for Centurion at the bar but I spotted the Veuve. They then look at me and ask if I am 'a black card holder'. I left not long after that.
Odd on the Veuve, I was at Miami lounge last Saturday and it was certainly busy but they informed me about the glass of Veuve at reception and had no issues getting it at the bar!

I managed to get a seat at the bar and have to say really enjoyed the lounge and thought the food was very good also!

They should however reserve some seats / area for Centurion Card holders when it is busy!
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:02 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I just poked my head into SFO during a gate change (64 to g97!). Pretty empty, which isn't surprising. But they had a few tables reserved for Cents.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Centurion
Who would have thought Amex would be in the Food and Beverage business?
Well they're not directly in the business. I'm surprised it's not more common knowledge here, but the Centurion Lounges are all operated by a contracted company.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:03 pm

I've been to the DFW club a few times. Food was OK, but with absolutely no variety from day-to-day I find myself in the Admiral's Club more often as they have soup and a menu with variety. Even if I have to pay for the food, that's fine, but I can't eat the same thing every single time I'm in there.

I'll probably drop the Platinum at the end of the year unless they really change up the menus.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Airmiles, RBC Rewards, British Airways Avios, American Airlines Aadvantage
Was in LAS yesterday and it was less than half full. Very quiet and peaceful. Definitely was expecting it be a nightmare based on recent readings but was pleasantly surprised.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by United747
I just poked my head into SFO during a gate change (64 to g97!). Pretty empty, which isn't surprising. But they had a few tables reserved for Cents.
is that what the reserved cards are for? We had an extended stay at the SFO lounge and the "reserved" table was never used. I wondered who it was for.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:46 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dascc
is that what the reserved cards are for? We had an extended stay at the SFO lounge and the "reserved" table was never used. I wondered who it was for.
I assume so, I'm not a cent card holder. I've seen them occupied once or twice at DFW.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:06 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by mnCO
Well they're not directly in the business. I'm surprised it's not more common knowledge here, but the Centurion Lounges are all operated by a contracted company.
It's news to me. Do you have any more information? Name of the operator? Is it the same operator for all US Lounges?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I was in Miami Sun Morning about 8:45 am after getting off cruise ship. 9am the spa opened and booked my wife a massage, was busy but not packed. We left about 10:30 and the number of teenage/college kids was amazing and it was getting packed.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
It's news to me. Do you have any more information? Name of the operator? Is it the same operator for all US Lounges?
I wish I remembered. I asked the bartender at the LGA lounge about it when I was there in June and she told me the name of the company, but I was on a 6 hour layover killing time before I took a cab to JFK for my TATL flight and I downed 2 of their signature cocktails, a vodka tonic and at least a good 4 glasses of wine in the 3 hours I was there, so I probably couldn't have told you if you had asked me later that day. She didn't seem to know for sure if it's the same company that operates all of the lounges.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:35 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by dayone
I'm not 100% positive, but I believe this company (through a division called Flik) operates all of the US Centurion Lounges:

http://www.compass-usa.com
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
https://www.facebook.com/20091913658...type=3&theater

Congratulations to the DFW Centurion Lounge Team

The entire team was nominated and won the 2016 ARN award for Best Passenger Services.

“This is such a great accomplishment and one that both the FLIK and the American Express team. Everyone should be very proud of all their efforts as they reflect on their achievements each and every day. Hats off for such nice work and recognition!”
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by United747
The Cent lounge in SFO is a pain to get to, especially if you're on Delta out of Terminal 1. There's also a Sky Club adjacent there.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
At Centurion Lounge SFO right now. It's a little over half full, and there is plenty of seating available. Mostly business people, and a handful of families with young children. A few tables in the dining area and the big room are reserved for Ceturion cardholders.

The food is disappointing today. Other than the ribs (which are decent, but I'm not a fan of ribs in general), they only seem to have rice, soup, bread, salad, and some sort of pea puree. As a person who doesn't eat much healthy food, it feels like slim pickings with today's selection. Luckily, as for desserts, they have brownies with peanut butter on top and chocolate chip cookies.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
I wound up hopping over to the Air France lounge. They have sandwiches, roasted potatoes and vegetables, fresh fruit, and chocolate croissants that are more in line with my food preferences. In general, I would say the food at the SFO Centurion lounge is much better than at the Air France lounge. Today was just a particularly bad menu day for the Centurion lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.