Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
To review offers discussed during 2013 and 2014, click HERE.
Print Wikipost

Tracking Amex promotions UK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:16 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
aaaarrrghhhh!

£20 off a £100 spend with Berry Bros appeared on my PRG card this morning - two days after I placed my order for Xmas....
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I've got the Hilton £50 off £250 offer but it specifies you have to pay at checkout. The cheapest rate is prepaid. Does anyone have any experience of whether prepayments do actually work in practice?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by louie-m
I've got the Hilton £50 off £250 offer but it specifies you have to pay at checkout. The cheapest rate is prepaid. Does anyone have any experience of whether prepayments do actually work in practice?
I pre payed on a different card, then on check out asked it to be refunded and charged to a different card (which has the cashback offer)

cashback credited ok
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by hanrahantom
I pre payed on a different card, then on check out asked it to be refunded and charged to a different card (which has the cashback offer)

cashback credited ok
Good thinking. Shame I already took the risk! Will post later whether it worked.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by louie-m
I can confirm that I have now had the £50 Amex credit having prepaid for a stay after Christmas.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:24 pm

Can anyone confirm whether the Trailfinders credit posts on flight-only bookings?

The terms and conditions on the Amex site and Trailfinders site keep mentioning 'per holiday booking', but I'm still not 100% sure whether that means the credit will only post on package holidays or if they're just trying to steer people towards that.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Bloomsbury
Can anyone confirm whether the Trailfinders credit posts on flight-only bookings?

The terms and conditions on the Amex site and Trailfinders site keep mentioning 'per holiday booking', but I'm still not 100% sure whether that means the credit will only post on package holidays or if they're just trying to steer people towards that.
I’d like to know as well... has anybody tried a flight-only booking and can confirm/deny?
Old May 24, 2018, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Bloomsbury
Anyone have any experience with this?
Old May 25, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I've previously used it in-store to buy Trailfinders vouchers and it worked fine for that - might be a safer route? I suppose there's always a risk with flight-only that it comes through to credit card as the underlying airline rather than the TA...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:31 am

How does Amex target its customers with the offers? As some people seem to get more travel offers such as the £100 off when spending £500 on a BA ticket etc?

I seem to get a lot of shopping offers

£50 off when spending £250 at Farfetch
3000 extra avios at Mulberry when spending £300
5000 avios when spending £300+ at Cladige's
£5 off when spending £50 at duty free (lol)
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
How does Amex target its customers with the offers? ...
Offers are targeted by the merchants, not by American Express.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
AMEX Connect has a few hotel offers
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
And it's a yet another time when people get "AmEx Travel spend 200GBP get 50GBP back" on their free cards and nothing on Platinum or Gold charge cards here. It's very disappointing - the offers are getting worse and worse.
Has anybody succeeded asking AmEx to enrol their cards in the offer they were not targeted for?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Quick query - the "Spend 200+ GBP get 55GBP back" for Guoman towels has the rule (within the Offers section of Amex's site) that the hotel booking must be booked and paid before 30 Sept 2018.

I have already booked this hotel for a couple of nights in late October and the cost is above this threshold so I should get the rebate - suprisingly though, the cheapest hotel rate is a flexible one and the hotel has not yet charged me anything. They will likely only do so upon check out i.e. late October and technically speaking after the period included in the offer rules, despite the booking has been done within the stated period.

Is it worth calling the hotel to ask them to pre-charge me the amount early (to trigger the automatic rebate) or would you rather take chances and speak afterwards with Amex in case the rebate is not automatically triggered in late October (my assumption)?

Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JFSV
Quick query - the "Spend 200+ GBP get 55GBP back" for Guoman towels has the rule (within the Offers section of Amex's site) that the hotel booking must be booked and paid before 30 Sept 2018.

I have already booked this hotel for a couple of nights in late October and the cost is above this threshold so I should get the rebate - suprisingly though, the cheapest hotel rate is a flexible one and the hotel has not yet charged me anything. They will likely only do so upon check out i.e. late October and technically speaking after the period included in the offer rules, despite the booking has been done within the stated period.

Is it worth calling the hotel to ask them to pre-charge me the amount early (to trigger the automatic rebate) or would you rather take chances and speak afterwards with Amex in case the rebate is not automatically triggered in late October (my assumption)?

Thanks!
i did this for the Thisle offer and it worked, with my £35 cashback paid within 3 days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.