FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Tracking Amex promotions UK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1646888-tracking-amex-promotions-uk.html)

ExpatSomchai Jan 6, 2015 12:41 pm

Tracking Amex promotions UK

Hi All

Happy New year.

I just added a supplementary card to my Gold Preferred and was very pleased to hear that there was a current promotion which will add 5000 points for this.

Hope it helps

price123 Jan 6, 2015 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai (Post 24113097)
Hi All

Happy New year.

I just added a supplementary card to my Gold Preferred and was very pleased to hear that there was a current promotion which will add 5000 points for this.

Hope it helps

Also 10,000 bonus for supplementary platinum cards

tangey Jan 7, 2015 4:36 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai (Post 24113097)
Hi All

Happy New year.

Hope it helps

Was this confirmed to you ?

My understanding was that the 5K for a gold supp was a targeted offer, whereas the 10K for a plat sup was via an open web link.

EDIflyer Jan 7, 2015 8:34 am

Originally Posted by price123 (Post 24116360)
Also 10,000 bonus for supplementary platinum cards

Am looking forward to the points posting from that - don't know if anyone has had them yet? IIRC they were due in March according to the T&Cs.

wadewadewade Jan 7, 2015 9:07 am

Originally Posted by tangey (Post 24117301)
Was this confirmed to you ?

My understanding was that the 5K for a gold supp was a targeted offer, whereas the 10K for a plat sup was via an open web link.

I have just phoned up regarding how long points from a supplementary Gold card take to post (up to 90 days but usually less) - guy on the phone confirmed that it wasn't a targeted offer and any supplementary Gold card would earn 5K.

ExpatSomchai Jan 7, 2015 9:54 am

To add my points posted within an hour

Raffles Jan 7, 2015 10:51 am

Originally Posted by wadewadewade (Post 24118493)
I have just phoned up regarding how long points from a supplementary Gold card take to post (up to 90 days but usually less) - guy on the phone confirmed that it wasn't a targeted offer and any supplementary Gold card would earn 5K.

Someone else told me this today too. However, it seems a bit odd given that Amex has not emailed everyone, only some, and that the application page does not show the offer.

That said, 90 per cent you would get them if you pushed even if they do not post.

price123 Jan 7, 2015 11:24 am

Up to 40% off sale again

AMEX Travel are once again offering up to 40% off hotels when booking through them.

Link is here.

Not sure on what normal rates are, but there are some good advertised discounts in Mexico.

Otherwise, discounts seem closer 20% but not bad.

wadewadewade Jan 7, 2015 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Raffles (Post 24119128)
Someone else told me this today too. However, it seems a bit odd given that Amex has not emailed everyone, only some, and that the application page does not show the offer.

That said, 90 per cent you would get them if you pushed even if they do not post.

I just want them (and a recent referral) to post in time for the next (overdue?) MR > Avios conversion bonus!

tangey Jan 7, 2015 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by wadewadewade (Post 24118493)

Thanks for that.

It appears at the moment the optimum Amex application is:-

Get your partner to refer you for a Gold car (9K+22K). Apply for a supplemental card for your partner (5K). Once the bonuses have posted, apply to upgrade your gold card to a plat card (15K) - costs £450. Apply for a supplemental card for your partner (10K).

In total, not including any points for spend, that's 61K. If you have other household members, then you could push the boat out and do up to 4 more supp cards on the plat account, getting another 40K points. In theory, you could end up with over 100K points, for the £450 plat fee.

Raffles Jan 8, 2015 2:46 am

Originally Posted by wadewadewade (Post 24119416)
I just want them (and a recent referral) to post in time for the next (overdue?) MR > Avios conversion bonus!

I'm sure they will be there by 2017!

Oliveredmunds Jan 9, 2015 4:55 am

Just got my Gold card so looking forward to getting some promos!

Oliveredmunds Jan 9, 2015 5:01 am

There is currently a free £5 if you link your card to trip advisor: https://sync.americanexpress.co.uk/t...link=TA-CMO-RI

JK Jan 9, 2015 9:29 am

Just got an email for an AmEx Travel offer on my Cent. Spend £400 (on pre-paid hotel, flight, car or experience) and get a £200 statement credit! That's not too bad... Shame I just booked about £10k's worth of travel through them last week!

Perhaps there are similar offers for Plat/Gold.

Enrolment required via link in the email.

The following Merchant Offer Terms are specific to the Merchant Offer above:
When a Centurion member spends £400 or more in single transaction on flights, hotels, car hire or experiences on their Centurion Card online at American Express Travel by 26 February 2015 they will receive a one-off £200 statement credit. Offer excludes cruises and FINE HOTELS AND RESORTS. Offer limited to one £200 statement credit per account. The statement credit will be issued within 3-5 business days of the qualifying spend but may take up to 8 weeks. UK only.

Oliveredmunds Jan 9, 2015 9:42 am

Originally Posted by JK (Post 24132491)
Just got an email for an AmEx Travel offer on my Cent. Spend £400 (on pre-paid hotel, flight, car or experience) and get a £200 statement credit! That's not too bad... Shame I just booked about £10k's worth of travel through them last week!

Perhaps there are similar offers for Plat/Gold.

Enrolment required via link in the email.

Wish I had a Cent card! Shame im only 19.